Monday, February 12, 2007

DJ's Love Mix!

Remember when you'd spend hours creating "mix" tapes for friends or loved ones? I could listen to my Valentine's Day CD made for JD in 2002 over and over and over again. Some songs just NEVER get old, especially love songs. So, here is my list of All-Time Greatest LOVE songs. For your listening pleasure, I've included links to the songs on Amazon. Scroll down and give 'em a listen and think how grand LOVE is!!

In no special order except for number one (which is number one!)...
  1. Never is a Moment, Jimmy LaFave (danced to this at our wedding).
  2. By Your Side, Sade (now I like to also sing this to my baby boy).
  3. To Make You Feel My Love, Trisha Yearwood (ditto - used to dance with my sleeping baby and sing this to him).
  4. Just to Be Close to You, The Commodores.
  5. Making Memories of Us, Keith Urban.
  6. Run, George Strait (An anthem for us long-distance lovers.)
  7. Good Morning, Beautiful, Steve Holy.
  8. Shameless, Garth Brooks.
  9. Con Te Partiro, Andrea Bocelli.
  10. It's Your Love, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill.
  11. The Lucky Ones, Radney Foster.
  12. Inisheer, Greg Trooper.
  13. You're My Home, Billy Joel.
  14. Cradle of Love, Kelly Willis.
  15. Standing Still, Jewel. (Makes me think of the night my honey and I sat up all night staring at the stars on a cold, cold, winter night.)
  16. Don't Leave Home, Dido. (Our friends, Jeff & Amy danced to this at their wedding - SO romantic!).
  17. Wrapped, Bruce Robison. (SO reminds me of being courted.)

(I reserve the right to add to this list as I'm experiencing a decent bit of insomnia. So, who knows what else I'm come up with.)

Oh, and Megan and Erin, you've been tagged! Everyone else, if you don't have a blog, feel free to send me your list of LOVE songs. I'd LOVE to see them. :)

2 comments:

erin said...

What a great Valentine's Week idea. I'll definitely play on Wednesday! Thanks for the tag and the linkage!

Megan said...

Okay...mine is ready for everyone's viewing pleasure.