Monday, February 19, 2007

My Little (Sick, Crabby) Artist

I took Jon David to see the doctor today because he is still feeling cruddy. Figuring it was a virus, I still wanted to hear for sure from the doctor. One of Jon's main symptoms is severe mood swings. You know how sick kids get kind of clingy and can be having a high time one moment, and then their worlds crash at the drop of a hat. Yep, that's my boy right now. Now, we experience many emotions in our day and that's to be expected. But, all mommies know when there is something not quite right with their babies. So, off we went and the good doctor confirmed that Jon has a virus. So, we'll do what we can to make him more comfortable and we give lots of hugs and extra kisses (oh, poor me!).

Last week I posted about how Jon's buddy, Tyler, gave him his first coloring book and some crayons. We tried them out today and it was fun, fun, fun. Well, just like the Beach Boys song, "We'll have fun, fun, fun 'til Mommy takes the crayons away" or something like that. We colored, we laughed - it was great! But, and I knew this would happen, the crayons kept making their way into Jon David's month. The second picture is an action shot of this. So, after the 10th time this happened and the fact that my "this is how we play with crayons" talk was not really sinking in, we had to put the coloring book and crayons away. You may have heard the tears from wherever you live because it was not pretty. So, real quick, I took a picture of the high drama and then put my camera down and loved on my boy. Here is how it all went down... (Note - some of the more advanced scribbles were mine. I don't want anyone think that we have a mini Picasso on our hands here!)







2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, the drama! A little wax (and blue teeth) never hurt anyone. :)

Megan said...

Oh, the drama! A little wax (and blue teeth) never hurt anyone. :)