Monday, February 5, 2007

Six Quirky Things...


My friend, Megan, did this on her blog and I thought I'd try it as well. Now, this may shatter any hopes that I had of people thinking that I have it ALL together, ALL the time. I know, I know - it's hard to believe. :) Seriously, like just about everyone, I have things that may be considered by some to be strange. My poor husband thinks they are downright wacky. Here goes... (just promise that you'll still be my friends!). And I included a recent silly picture of myself which pertains to #6.



  1. I don't like tags or seams. Thus, I wear a lot of my tee-shirts (or JD's undershirts, which BTW, I love to steal) and socks inside out. Most shirts and sweaters that I own have the tags removed from them.

  2. I hate bass, as in the music and not the fish. It makes me crazy to hear someone in their car with that deafening thump thump thump. It's relentless and makes me batty.

  3. I'm somewhat of a germ-a-phob (and so is my husband). This is mostly for things like public restrooms, the railings on escalators, pens used at the grocery store, etc. I'm not scared to hug people or even share food. I'm just convinced that the general public has poor hygiene. And, I also don't like using sponges a lot to clean dishes and counters because I think they are a breeding ground for germs. So, I use a lot of paper towels. And we should own stock in Purell. We use is it ALL the time. In fact, we may name our next baby Purell since you must bathe in it if you want to come near one of our newborns! ;)

  4. I like to listen to talk radio especially when trying to fall asleep at night. I usually pick ESPN radio or something like that.

  5. This is amplified because I'm pregnant but I have an amazing sense of smell. JD calls me a hound dog.

  6. I like my pancakes slightly gooey, a little undone. My sister, Lorri, knows just how to do it. That is from YEARS of me waking her up oh-so-sweetly on a Saturday morning begging her to make me some. I know this is not exactly the most exciting thing but I struggled to come up with six wacky things. I have WAY more than six but I had to think about which ones I wanted to actually confess to! Above is a picture of me with a gooey pancake!

UPDATE: I heard on TV today (Dr. Manny on Fox News) that kiddos need to be exposed to germs, to some extent. Smart mommies have told me this before and I do believe it. You'll be happy to know that at Little Gym today, a few of the Birdies (that's what Jon and his classmates are called) had little coughs. No problem, said this savvy mom, Dr. Manny says it's good for Jon! :) 2/7/07

1 comment:

Megan said...

A germ-a-phob? You?!? I never knew! :)

Great list- very funny!!!