Friday, March 30, 2007
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
IT'S A BOY!!!!!!
I was right. Him's a boy, alright. No doubt about that! We are thrilled and I have visions of my two boys playing and maybe sharing bunk beds one day. A girl would have been a blessing but I know boys. I always say, "Boys love their mamas!" and I think it's true. And it was so wonderful to watch our baby moving. I still can't feel him and it was such a relief to hear the doctor say that he looks great. Apparently, he has big feet which is a trait that I sort of have and that JD does not. So, maybe there is a slight chance that this baby will bear some resemblance to the woman carrying him around all these months. I won't complain though; both my son and husband are terribly handsome. I'm crazy about them both. And now I have another to just adore, hug and love forever and ever. And, to boot, I will still be the queen and not having to share the affections of my guys.
Now, what to name this fella???
Just because I subscribe to the "it's not a post if it ain't got a picture..." club, here is big brother.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Just after a bath and before bed... Daddy is making him laugh!
Friday, March 23, 2007
Never buy an averageball again! Introducing the world's most catchable balls - a Gertie Ball!
While in a toy store, a fellow Mommy approached us as we were looking to buy Jon David a ball. She went on and on about the wonders of the Gertie ball. Though strange looking, how can you not listen to such high praise for such weird looking balls and from an unsolicited, reputable source. What makes them really neat is that you adjust the amount of air in the ball (because you inflate it yourself). Most regular balls are filled with so much air that little hands cannot get a good grasp on them, but not our Gertie.
We have one that is the Bumpie and is really strange looking as you can see. I should note that all their balls are not weird looking; some are even pretty. We just picked a weird one because we thought Jon would like the bumps. Our next purchase will probably be the Large Sports Bundle. Big surprise there!
Fellow Mommies - please post back and share your favorite toys! I'd especially like to hear of ones that may not be well known.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Spring is here!! Praise the Lord! We are indeed in spring and it feels so good! Though, officially ours is a "fall" family with the autumn being our favorite season, spring is a close second. Jon David and I took to the outdoors and played bubbles and he just took it all in. He now often asks, "Ut oh???" and points to things. I think this is his way of doing the following: asking permission to explore something, making sure what he's looking at is not going to hurt him and just an overall way of checking that all is well in his little world. So, for example, when examining some dirt under a tree, he asks, "Ut oh??"
Because he is often "redirected" in his day, anytime I tell him "okay" or give him a positive sign, he wants to hear my approval again and again. So, we do this non-stop. It's really really cute and I'll have to get it on video for you to see.
Enjoy the pix! Enjoy the pretty spring weather! Thank you, Lord, for SEASONS!
"Ut oh???" Translation: "Mom, what is this stuff?"
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Monday, March 19, 2007
I found a great quote while scrapbooking this weekend and included it with a picture of Jon David when he was 8 months old. My two guys with the same name... I'm so blessed!
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Though days like today where the whining is plentiful and the tears for very small (perceived!) injustices are quick to flow, I know deep in my heart that this season is short- far, far too short. And, I pray that Jon David will learn to call upon the Lord for his salvation and grace at an early age. Yes, I want him to be a happy boy but more than his happiness, I want the peace which surpasses all understanding that only comes from our Heavenly Father. I do pray that Jon David will call upon the name of Jesus Christ and know the blessed assurance that only the Savior's love allows.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. Love it - so wearable, so fun. Even if I only wear make-up maybe 3xs a week, I like for it to look nice.
- Huggies Baby Wipes, Shea Butter. If I gotta be in there cleaning up, I at least want the wipe to smell nice and for it to be sturdy enough so that my hand does not break through.
- Peeps. Sooo fantastic and FAT-FREE! Sugary dee-light!
- Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed. Disclaimer: we don't yet have one but I'm SURE we'd love it! Trust me, we could use a good night of sleep. With all the moving around I do and getting up 3xs a night with a teeny tiny bladder, we need all the help we can get!
- Fisher-Price and LeapFrog. What fantastic toy companies! How many mommies can sing along with me, "A says Aaah. A says Aaaah. Every letter makes a sound. A say Aaah."
Monday, March 12, 2007
After literally 9 months of using sign language with Jon David, he finally "spoke" to me using his hands! I've kept the signing super simple and only done a few: eat, drink, all done, more and please. Can you guess which one he now knows? EAT! I was so so excited to watch him mirror me and tell me that he wants to eat. Of course, I still say the actual words but this is so nice because he has a way of telling me what he wants and needs. He's VERY proud of himself and because of this, he has been eating quite frequently lately. I am trying to reinforce his communication and pretty much get him food anytime those little fingers make their way to his mouth in the "Eat" manner. It's just SO cool because he is really starting to "get it." I can tell him to go see his bear (the big babyGap bear) and he'll go; when he asks to go "Nigh Nigh" and I actually tell him, "Okay. Now go to your room.", off he goes. It's like the whole world is starting to open up for him. He is indeed "wonderfully and fearfully made." - Psalm 139:14. Thank you, Lord!
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Thursday, March 8, 2007
And, something else new is his friendship with Tyler. Most of the time, kids do parallel play and that's often how he interacts with everyone including Tyler. But, usually upon seeing his buddy, he just feels the need to go hug the big lug. I don't know if it's just that Tyler is terribly huggable with his Winnie the Pooh belly but, whatever the reason, Jon David loves his buddy. I even think Tyler enjoys the hug though he has a macho 16-month old stance while being embraced. But, something in Tyler's eyes tells me that he also likes Jon David's hugs. It's also neat because the people in the Bible for whom Jon David was named were Jonathan and David. Theirs was an amazing friendship.
Here is what the folks at Crocs.com have to say about why I should wear their shoes.
1.) Really soft, super comfortable, molds to your feet
2.) Barely there, weighing only 6 ounces
3.) Vented so air passes through, keeping feet cool
4.) Non-marking slip-resistant soles
5.) Bacteria and odor resistant
6.) Ultra-hip Italian styling
7.) Port holes allow water and sand to pass through
8.) Can be sterilized in water and bleach
9.) Easy maintenance, just wipe clean
10.) Orthotic molded foot bed for ultimate comfort and support
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
- "Ooooh Wow!" This is our family motto for 2007.
- "Ut oh" - he uses this when the phone rings, the oven timer goes off, a lovey jumps overboard out of his crib and any other time he is surprised. Terribly cute!
- "Da Da" - such a sweet sound the way he says it.
- "Ma ma" - sometimes he draws it out and sounds so sweet; other times, it's like he is saying "Mooooom!" the way I anticipate him using it when he's older.
- "Baaay bee" - used to describe anyone under the age of 10. He loves to see pictures of babies.
- "Bub bules" - we LOVE bubbles!!
- "Nigh Nigh" - yes, if you can believe it, Jon David will often ask to go to bed. Before you get all jealous, sometimes when in his crib, he changes his mind and no longer wants to go to sleep.
Also, I included in this post a photo of my other Valentine's Day present from my sweet husband. Jon David made the cover of my hometown paper (The Naperville Sun in Naperville, IL). The picture of him is HUGE. JD framed it for me and I just love it!
Monday, March 5, 2007
PS - not that it's important, but the Billy Joel concert was amazing (see previous post). Thanks to Grandma who took such good care of Jon David while we had a night out. Billy Joel played all the songs I wanted with the exception of "So It Goes" and "Just the Way You Are." What an entertainer!
Saturday, March 3, 2007
- Piano Man (I'll rush the stage if he does not play this one, I swear!)
- And So It Goes (doubt he'll play it)
- Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
- Just the Way You Are
- She's Got a Way
- An Innocent Man
I'll report back about how the night goes!
Thursday, March 1, 2007
- JD: Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery. He says that it's awesome, very inspirational.
- Me: Shepherding a Child's Heart given as a gift from our dear friends, Denise and Chris. I love how the focus is not so much on having perfect children who never disobey but rather preparing their hearts for what God wants to teach them.
- Jon David: I Love You, Stinky Face is the book he's reading in this picture. He also enjoys some picture books about babies "Bubb Bies" and The Very Busy Spider gets a lot of play as well.