Thursday, May 22, 2008

Josiah - 9 months









It's that time of the month when I post about Mr. Josiah and his latest happenings. His growth is good but he tends to have big growth months and others where things slow down. For as chunky as he is to us, he remains in the 50% for weight (20 lbs 11 1/2 oz). He's 27 1/2" tall (25% - which is also surprising to us) and his head is teeny at 17" (8%).






He's a very capable cruiser. Though not as fast on his feet cruising as he is on all 4s, he's most happy when he pulls himself up and is standing. He can now stand at the train table and knock over all big brother's trains and tracks. You can probably hear Jon David's, "Nooooooooooo, JoSIIIIah!!!" all the way from NC!






Though often content to observe everything, he is a much more active participant in life these days. And there are times when his babbles are nothing shy of yelling. I imagine it's fun for him to make those sounds and also to get a reaction from us.






He found the stairs and after reaching about the 5th one, I bring him down. (I'm behind him the whole time). We brought back our old friend, the gate which is a drag in terms of getting upstairs. Small price to pay, I know.






I know that Josiah loves his mommy but, wow, he gets so excited to be near Daddy. He especially likes to touch Daddy's face.






9 months - where does the time go?? Thank you, Lord, for our precious son. Every day with him is a gift from you!

5 comments:

Kim said...

The pictures make me smile and shed a few tears at the same time. What a precious gift from God and I feel so blessed to be a part of Josiah's life!!!! What a precious handsome boy! I love you baby Si!
Forever your girl :)
KIKI

Matt & Alison Blokzyl said...

He is just wonderful!

Matt & Alison Blokzyl said...

He is just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

How amazing! Becca will be 9 months on Tuesday - also when she has her 9 month Dr.'s appt. It will be neat to see how she compares with Josiah's stats. :)

Wendy said...

WOW He is just a doll!! I love it. Time goes by so fast. Are those monkeys on your curtains? I love the colors, and if it's monkeys, even cooler!