Thursday, March 8, 2007

Crocs? For me? Really??

I'm probably one of the last people to actually own a pair of these wacky things. And, I'm not even sure that I'll really wear them much. But, maybe I will. DH swears that they will be exactly what I want/need when my feet get nice and big and I can't bend down to tie shoelaces. Side note: my girlfriend said you can always tell a pregnant woman by the way her shoelaces are tied. They are always tied way to the inside because we have to bend over so funky and can't get the bow in the center. Anyway, DH came home with Crocs for the two of us. His are blue and mine are hot pink. I have friends and family who swear by these things (and even put little decorations on them) and I think the shoes are fine - for them. I just never thought I'd have a pair. So, do YOU wear Crocs? Help sell me on them please. Tell me that it'll take the attention away from my expanding bum and people will just think how cute my feet look. :) Please, tell me your Croc story! :)









Here is what the folks at Crocs.com have to say about why I should wear their shoes.

1.) Really soft, super comfortable, molds to your feet
2.) Barely there, weighing only 6 ounces
3.) Vented so air passes through, keeping feet cool
4.) Non-marking slip-resistant soles
5.) Bacteria and odor resistant
6.) Ultra-hip Italian styling
7.) Port holes allow water and sand to pass through
8.) Can be sterilized in water and bleach
9.) Easy maintenance, just wipe clean
10.) Orthotic molded foot bed for ultimate comfort and support

9 comments:

Megan said...

Well, I don't have any, but #5 on the crocs.com list seems right up your alley!

I don't know that I'm buying #6-"ultra-hip??"

I guess I must be missing out on something...let me know how it goes.

Denise said...

Hardy Har Har Har, Megan! ;) Yes, I did notice that selling point and thought it kind of nifty. And, I am also all about being ultra-hip! I'll let you know if you are indeed missing out on something fabulous!

Susie PSU said...

I LOVE MY CROCS!! I wear them as house slippers, I wear them all summer (light and cool) because they are so easy to slip on. I wear them in the winter with socks, as long as there is no snow to walk through. My girlfriend wears them, and now she has no back problems. I love them, I love them, I love them.

Denise said...

Susie, did my husband pay you to write this? ;) Seriously, I am very glad to hear of your endorsement. Everyone says they are ALL that. When I first put them on, they felt okay but maybe they improve with wear?

Wendy said...

I just can't get into the croc craze. My sister and mother swear by them, but I don't know. I thought they were comfy to wear when I slipped theirs on, but I can't bet past the holes.... why? They look weird to me. They feel good though. My kids love them as well. IF it makes your feet happy though- wear them! Especially when you are carrying around a baby in your belly! My feet always ached when I was preggers.

Denise said...

Wendy, your comment cracked me up. I wonder "why" as well with the style. Wouldn't some Birks be just as comfy? :) Either way, I've got 'em now and I'll at least wear them inside while I test ride them. :)

AnniePat said...

I have lime green crocs and I LOVE them!!! I will actually wear the same outfit twice in a row just so I can wear my crocs again. (should I get a different color??)

Denise said...

Anna, see you look very, very COOL when you wear yours. You have that hip mommy thing going strong. Me, I'm not so sure that I can pull it off. JD saw Jarred's black blogs yesterday in church and was very excited. Does Rachel have any? You know that Tyler has a pair (which I guess means that Jon will one day have a pair!).

Nate the Great said...

Aunt Cindy has a pair of Mary Jane crocs. It don't get no better than that! I have a penguin on one shoe and Isaac has a pair also. They are fun to wear not when it's rainy or cold but they feel cool and are very durable. Have fun with 'em!