Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's a...

I could be like Ryan Seacrest on American Idol and draw this out and just make everyone crazy with anticipation... that could almost be fun in a not nice sort of way. But, I'll be a good blogger and spill the beans.





IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

I was right. Him's a boy, alright. No doubt about that! We are thrilled and I have visions of my two boys playing and maybe sharing bunk beds one day. A girl would have been a blessing but I know boys. I always say, "Boys love their mamas!" and I think it's true. And it was so wonderful to watch our baby moving. I still can't feel him and it was such a relief to hear the doctor say that he looks great. Apparently, he has big feet which is a trait that I sort of have and that JD does not. So, maybe there is a slight chance that this baby will bear some resemblance to the woman carrying him around all these months. I won't complain though; both my son and husband are terribly handsome. I'm crazy about them both. And now I have another to just adore, hug and love forever and ever. And, to boot, I will still be the queen and not having to share the affections of my guys.

Now, what to name this fella???


Just because I subscribe to the "it's not a post if it ain't got a picture..." club, here is big brother.

6 comments:

Janice said...

Congratulations!!!!! You're right, there is something about boys and their mamas - they just absolutely love you. And now you will be loved three times as much!! I bet your baby boy's lashes will be just as long as Jon David's. And I'm sure he will be just as sweet. :-)

erin said...

Yay! The Cobbs are thrilled for you and your growing family!

Wendy said...

Oh My goodness. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you all. How exciting. Jon David will love being a big brother! How many months apart will they be? Julia and Connor are 15 months apart, and it was tough at first, but love it now!! They really are pretty close. They used to want to marry each other but now figured out that brother and sister don't do that. Neat to have two brothers though. Connor still wants a brother. IT makes me a little sad sometimes! BUt, I know he loves his sisters and they love him back. Siblings are blessings! Sorry to rant! CONGRATS AGAIN!! YIPPPEEEE

Denise said...

Thanks, All! We are really really excited! Wendy, assuming this one goes full-term (Jon was 6 weeks early), they'll be 22 months. Though I expect some sibling rivalry, I'm hoping that a real sweet bond is there between them. I've heard that once the baby starts moving and getting into Jon David's stuff, then there might be some "issues." :) You can help me then and it will give me good blogging material, right??

Jamie said...

Congratulations! I think it will be so wonderful having 2 boys! And you already have all of the boy stuff! Those cute clothes will get more wear!

Megan said...

Congratulations! I'm sure Jon David will love having a little brother!

Eleanor told me to tell you that girls love their mamas too. :)