Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Josiah

Things are still going reasonably well here, I am happy to report. Josiah still seems to have his days/nights a bit mixed up but I can't complain. He does not cry as much as I would expect which is nice. :) I am used to A LOT of crying since Jon David had colic (oh the joys!). Big brother and Daddy are all better too - no more boogy nose and bad cough (well, there are a few coughs but not too bad). I've not yet ventured out with them both but will probably do that next week. I even put on make-up today! Yahoooo!


I thought I'd take a moment to post about the name Josiah. For two people who were unable to commit to a name, we think we finally got it right for our boy. In case you are not familiar with the name Josiah, here is some info. I've seen a few listings for what his name means but here are two that I've seen with numerous sources: "The Lord will support" and "Fire of the Lord."


Josiah was the king of Judah about 639-608 B.C., a remarkable 31 years. He became king at age 8. His reign was known for its many reforms that turned the kingdom of Judah back to God after many years of idol worship and corruption. He is known as one of the very best kings. "And like unto him was there no king before him, that turned to the Lord with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; neither after him arose there any like him." 2 Kings 23:25.


8 comments:

Susie PSU said...

Glad to hear all is well. Taking two out the first time is daunting, but once you get the hang of it, you just DO it. You'll be awesome, I'm sure!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful name with an amazing meaning. Makes it all the more perfect.

My husband and I are expecting our second and we are clueless for a name so I don't know how you were feeling. I'm sure we will come up with something before March...hopefully!

Stacy said...

Hopefully he will get his days and nice straight soon! At least he does not have Colic! Good luck on the venture out, I am sure you will enjoy it. Take care and nap when they do!

The Browns said...

I am glad to hear you adjusting to life with two. I love the name Josiah!

Andrea said...

I love his name- very strong and perfect for you new little man. I am glad that things are going well-I have been thinking of you a lot!

Wendy said...

Good to hear you are making it. I know you can do this!! And, it doesn't feel like it now, but it really does go quickly!! Thinking of you!!

Shanna said...

oh, I just love what you wrote about his name. That is just very special!! What a name to live up to! :)
You sound like you're doing great. It was so good to see you at church today and I'm sure it was good for you to get out. Keep hanging in there. These weeks are tough, but so quick. Before you know it, he'll be sleeping through the night and you'll miss him. :)

Charity said...

We have a Josiah also! I've never have had a doubt myself that it was also the perfect name for our son!

We love it. We have all kinds of names for our Josiah...Jo, JoJo, Si, and Sia.

I've hear that it also means "Lord God Vehement".

Cute Blog!

Charity
(I'm friends with Matt and Lori S.)