Sunday, February 17, 2008

What's Happenin'

I never thought it would happen to me - bloggers block. I cannot come up with hardly anything to write! I hate that this has been such a low "post" month. >Sigh<>

Josiah has "forgotten" how to sleep through the night. Pride goeth before the fall, as they say. No sooner had I bragged on him in this blog did he decide that he needed to see me in the night. Not cool, Baby Si! We're almost completely back on track, thank goodness.

Jon David is giving us a run, literally, for our money. He listens pretty well to me at home since he knows that "Mommy don't play around." Idle threats are not my thing and I don't take forever to get to 3 when counting. But, he seems to sense weakness in public especially when it's just me with both boys. I can't keep up with him as well and he's not doing a good job listening. I know he's two and this is normal but we still need to work on it with him. Advice anyone??

4 comments:

Janice said...

Oh my goodness, that last picture had me cracking up!! I know what you mean about what they can sense espcially when were out in public. They are just such smart little guys!

Hope you and your family had a great Valentine's Day!!!

Denise Travis said...

I hear ya on the sleeping thru the night thing...we were making it consistently from about 630pm to 5am and even got to 6am once or twice. Last week, Katie decided 330 was a better time for her. And she decided that she'd rather be rocked to sleep than fall asleep on her own. We haven't done that since she was a month old! What's up with our little blessings??

Wendy said...

Sorry about the sleep but glad its coming back some. Um, Elaina gives me some fits every now and then, and I have decided I don't care. Last week at the mall, I sat her down against the wall for everyone to see and stare at us, and I didn't care. She was in a time out and hated it. She cleaned up the attitude very quickly. So, consistency. Do home discipline in public as well. Baby won't die if you put him down in the stroller or car seat while he is crying, to control JD's situation.

Matt & Alison Blokzyl said...

Wow, what a face on Jon David! I have no experience and therefore no advice. Keep your chin up...this too shall pass! I'll be thinking of you at 3am (I'm usually up then too!).