Saturday, March 28, 2009

Boys will be boys


I don't have a little girl so I'm not sure if this phenomen is a boy-thing or if girls also find this incredibly amusing. Potty humor. Yes, the more fart sounds one can make, the better. The more words that can incorporate the word "poop", the better the world would be - according to my big boy (and now my nephew, Mason).


It's actually been a bit of a problem that has improved with the promise of a washcloth and some soap meeting the mouth of a certain three-year-old whom I happened to give birth to. I forgot about this other trick until my smart sister-in-law reminded me - Listerine strips are also handy and equally unpleasant. Next time I'm in the grocery check-out lane, those convenient strips will be coming home with me. Thankfully, I've not had to use the soap method but I'm sure the day will come.


But, today we went to visit Mason and his baby sister, Ella Kate. We celebrated her 2nd birthday and had a great time. I heard loud giggles coming from Mason's big boy room and had to see. This is what I came upon...

3 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

C'mon Denise, fart sounds are funny at any age! Looks like everyone had a blast!

Jenni Green said...

As a mother of a little girl I am sorry to tell you that little girls also find this stuff very funny. Thank you for the tip on the use of listerine strips!

Nancy said...

Do you remember the time I brought the fart machine at Christmas. We were laughing so hard as we would reach for the presents and mom was just looking at us. Ah the memories.

Lorri