Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Mommy, I miss you!"

JD told me that when he used to go out of town, his dogs would poop on his bed as a punishment to him. It was their way of saying, "Take that, Daddy!" Well, we had our own version of that upon my return from a girls weekend. Oye!

My sweet sister-in-law invited me to join her and some friends at the Outer Banks this past weekend for some R&R and SCRAPBOOKING! I completed 24 pages - which is quite a lot!


It didn't help that our week started with Jon David catching pink eye on Monday. I thought we were in the clear until Josiah turned up with it Thursday night. And it's not just the pink eye, it's the accompanying cold that makes for a long weekend. Daddy did a great job taking care of two little boys with colds who missed their mommy. When I called home to check on everyone, all sounded well until Saturday night.



"Mommy, I miss you!" cried my big boy on the phone to me Saturday night. Tug, tug on my heart. I was then determined to get on the road early Sunday and make it home for naps. I made excellent time and was there for lunch. My big boy greeted me with a somewhat lackluster greeting. That should have been the sign that we were in for a humdinger of an afternoon. So, suffice it to say, he made his feelings about my absence known quite clearly.

We're slowing getting back to normal and the bad behavior maybe getting a little better (with the MAJOR exception of our mall outing to get haircuts for the boys - that's another post... ugh!).

5 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

I want to hear about it! Mark and I had our cat, Woody, who pooped in the tub when we came back from our honeymoon. All I wanted to do was just in the tub after a long flight from Portugal. Cat turds greeted me! Ew! You are loved, just remember that!

Jenni Green said...

I am glad you had a great time at your girls weekend away. It is nice to be missed but yes kids do not like when mommy is gone. Daddy just does not do things the same way as mommy does. Glad things are getting back to normal. :)

sharon said...

that picture is cracking me up. jon has such a look of consternation while josiah is completely oblivious in the background.

Kim said...

LOVE THE PAGES BFF!!!! THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!

Denise Travis said...

What awesome scrapbooking pages! I'm so excited for your weekend away...I can't wait to hear more! And Mason! When did he get so big? I seem to remember her being pregnant and that not being so long ago!