Monday, April 19, 2010

In need of a rescuer...


There a few products for which I think I should receive a commission based upon the number of sales I have personally generated. One of those is The Jesus Storybook Bible - Every Story Whispers His Name. To put it concisely - I. Love. This. Bible.

Prior to this Bible, our nightly reading of God's word was less than enthusiastically received by my sons. I believe the words, "No Jesus!" were said more than once - no lie. We read a review of The Jesus Storybook Bible on World Magazine and thought it looked interesting. Yes, the illustrations are lovely but it's more than that. I absolutely love how from the beginning of the book (Creation) to the end (Revelation), it so clearly shows how every story does indeed whisper His name. Every story tells of our rescuer, Jesus Christ, and God's word tells of His coming from the beginning of time. I absolutely love reading about God's "Never Stopping, Never Giving up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love. .."
When the storybook Bible tells of Jesus, it speaks of how Jesus is our rescuer. I just love that - our Savior, our Rescuer. And to be rescued is something that my kids can understand. In fact, I believe that God used this book to really do a work in Jon David's heart. For months, we've talked about God's l0ve for us, the pain that our sin creates and our need for a rescuer. Often, Jon David would say, "Nah, I don't need a rescuer. I'm good on my own." I thought to myself how often my actions mirror that statement. Still, we keep reading and talking of our Savior and our need for Him. And, we kept praying.

Just last week, Jon David told me that he wanted Jesus to be his rescuer. He wanted this because he has sinned, is what he told me. I lead him in a special prayer and just rejoiced over this! As John so rightly wrote, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4.

We've started talking with Jon David about baptism and he's not showing a whole lot of interest in it at this point. That's okay. We'll keep talking with him and praying that he'll want to take the next step in his faith walk.

Of course, God's Holy Bible is perfect and needed for every family. This storybook Bible is not meant to replace it rather as a supplement. I pray it will bless your family as it has mine!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Praising Jesus for Jon David's most important decision ever!!!

tiffanylynn said...

I am going to have to check this Bible out for Sevyn!
Thanks
Tif

Denise Travis said...

I cannot imagine a sweeter moment than watching your child run into the hands of Christ!!! So excited for you and for Jon David!!!