Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of Preschool Eve

I love this time of year. With the advent of Facebook, I'm able to see everyone's "First Day of Preschool/School" pictures. How adorable and what a fun, big milestone. So, today when Jon went to meet one of his teachers, I was determined to get that same kind of photo. Visions of scrapbooking pages danced in my head!

Due to the friendly stomach bug (friendly as in the fact that everyone but Rachel got it) that visited us, Jon missed the chance to meet his teachers last week. I was really looking forward to this and thought it would help ease some of his first day jitters. Preschool is a whole new thing for him/us and since he's not known for embracing change, I was looking for anything to ease the transition.

Thankfully, one of his two teachers made a special trip to the school today to meet us. Miss Laura is her name and I really like her. Anyway, back to the picture...

Here's what I got. Yep. That's right. That's my boy. Not quite the cherub-like expression that seems to be on everyone else's kids' faces. >Sigh<



If he had his druthers, he'd wear his PJs all day, eat his morning snack (preferably Toy Story treats) at 10-zero-zero, watch a few shark shows, have "nap" time of reading from 1:15 - 2:15 and then play more trains. He'd do this every day if we let him. Lather, rinse, repeat... basically. I actually do think he'll like some parts of preschool. He is already planning some of his Show & Tell items. There's a cool playground. Mimi can come watch his Christmas program. But, goodness - there will certainly be opportunities for him to be stretched.
And to be fair to him, who isn't nervous going somewhere new, meeting new people, etc.? I get a little anxious depending upon the situation. He said to me today, "I'm nervous." and with a little less tact, "I wish it were 200 days ago."

I should have known better. Mine is the son who has pictures from his soccer "game" where his face is in the net. Think I'm kidding... I''m not.



Stay tuned... I promise to report back on Day One.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Bless his heart. I do think he and Sam are cut from the same cloth! I can't wait to hear how the first day goes.

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Oh dear! Let's hope it gets better, the pictures are priceless. He's going to do great, Mommy, just you wait. Mimi's having a fit over these pictures! We love him!

Tennery said...

That baby's smile is really something! How did you get her to do that?

Denise Travis said...

I can't wait to hear how it went!! Sounds like Jon and Katie are cut from the same cloth. Katie would be happy staying home all day provided we took a trip to Target every now and then for an icee! You can do it, JON!!!