Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Dream Come True!





Well, it's happened two nights in a row and I think we may be on to something. Josiah slept from 7 pm - 6 am! I am doing a happy jig as I write this and cannot believe my good fortune! You see, another child of mine (who shall remain nameless to protect his identity) waited 6 LONG months before giving me this present! So, with little man at 11 weeks, I am tickled pink!


I don't mean to sound greedy but his napping is not going so well. He is struggling to get used to sleeping outside that little co-sleeper thing that I had in the bed with me since he came home. He's basically too tall for it now (see below) but I do let him sleep in it at night. Poor guy, I think he finds the crib too big without the comforts of that sleeper. I have him in a little sleep wedge on the sides of his torso but that's not the same as this sleeper which is really snug right now. Any advice??


(Since I'm asking for advice here, any tips on getting my boy to take a bottle?? He had one a day until about 6 weeks ago when he decided that he did not know how to use one. His little tongue sticks out - he's confused!!)

8 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

What a fancy dresser! I love how Josiah is forming his own personality and seems completely content with being second. I like how he takes in the world and seems quite pleased with his position in the family.

Have fun in SC. I wish you guys were staying home because Mark is working on the kitchen and I need to stay away from the madness.

Enjoy the drive also. It will surely make for some great blog posts!

Love

Aunt Ds

Kim said...

LOVE THE PIC WITH THE HAT!!! WHAT A CUTIE!!!

Love you guys!
KIKI

Susie PSU said...

Hooray for sleep!! You could try putting the co-sleeper in his crib so he gets used to the surroundings...? My youngest slept in her car seat for 6 months and we just put the car seat in the crib. At 6 months, we took her out of the car seat, and she just slept in the crib.

Unknown said...

Ashley said costco has a larger one. I will look next time we are there.
I agree with putting him in the crib. We are still atempting to put Preston in with fears of keeping the whole town awake with his unhappiness missing the closeness of mommy.

Denise Travis said...

Oh, that's so wonderful!!! Katie slept from 830-430 Sat night and then on Sun night, she was up every three hours! Here's to praying for consistency!!

As for Josiah needing a cozier bed...I use the boppy for Katie's naps in her crip. I put her feet down at the bottom of the "U" and then the arms of the "U" are around her arms. That seemed to help.

I got some advice from a friend that I haven't tried yet, but I'll pass it on to you. She suggested using the crib bumper through the middle of the crib to make it a smaller space. She also suggested placing the baby the other way in the crib...instead of lying longways, place him shortways. We are still in the bassinet, but I might try that when she moves to the crib.

Shanna said...

oh he's not "confused" about the bottle Mama.. he just likes you!! We have the same problem here. These 2 are going to be 2 peas in a pod. :)

Book Worm said...

Congratulations momma! I know that's a sign of relief! I hope he's kept it up! He just gets cuter and cuter and you look great!

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Oh how I loved when Baby O-Si was crying in the car and I came over to him and he stopped and held my finger = I think he's such a wonderful addition to our family, let's keep him!

Love,

Aunt D's