Friday, June 6, 2008

A Day with Thomas

(I can't even imagine what he's thinking looking at the "real" Thomas!)

"Thomas - he's the cheeky one! James is vain but lots of fun..." (that's the Thomas theme song).




Oh, yes, it's THOMAS!!! Daddy took Jon David to see Thomas and Friends on Monday. In light of Si's unfortunate case of HFM, we decided to keep him home (he's all better, thank goodness!). My two guys with the same name headed to the NC mountains for the trip of all trips.



The report is that Jon David had fun but was not quite sure what was happening. I think you can tell that from his concerned expression in the pictures. It's funny - there is this carefree, FULL of life little boy that I know and love. And, then there is the timid, "no change is good" boy whom I also adore. I guess we're all allowed to have many facets to our personalities and this is how the good Lord made him. It's just always a little striking to me when I see him so timid.



He loved the Thomas ride and did not want it to end. There were other festivities at the site that he was not particularly interested in. So, they headed home after a great day of train rides, tattoos and the like.





5 comments:

Kim said...

You need to get the first picture blown up poster size!!! AWESOME!!!! Tyler loves the video!

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Make it stop! He's getting too big! I love the pictures, they are precious but Jon is growing up and will be an old guy soon! It looks like Daddy and Jon had a ton of fun, is it possible to have a bad day with Thomas the Tank Engine and friends?

Love,

Aunt Deeeeeees

Denise Travis said...

Katie and I are looking forward to seeing these two adorable boys!

Shana-Lynn said...

How fun!!! So glad Jon David was able to attend.

MiMi said...

Oh what a special day and special time with Daddy and Jon Jon. I dont know how was more excited Daddy or Jon. I do know it was a day made of memories for both of them. I love seeing Jon getting to experience riding Thomas. It is one of the once in a life time moments.
love mama