Monday, June 23, 2008

Mom was right!

Okay, so maybe my mom was right. She would say of Jon David when he was just months old, "Oh, Denise, he is so smart!" I smiled at her and told her that all parents (and grandparents) thought their kids were the best, smartest, etc. I mean, he took FOREVER to catch on with sign language. No, I did not think he was below average but I also did not think he was as smart as my mom kept saying.

But then things started happening...

Like how he remembers places more than I do. Last week we were near the local sports/entertainment center. He had been there one other time in February for a very brief (and traumatic for all) trip to the circus with my sister. He refused to listen or sit in his seat so he was not able to stay for the circus. ANYWAY, he'd only been there one time before Saturday and it was 4 months ago. There are no signs indicating a circus had been there but he tells us, "The circus was here." Huh??? These things happen all the time.

Today he saw the plastic container that held some flowers we planted last October. The little container fell below the deck and behind some bushes. He said to me, "That's from when we planted flowers with MiMi (my mom)."

So, we got him a 36-piece puzzle last night. JD did it a few times with him last night and I did it with him once this morning. So, imagine my surprise when I find him working on it and it's 70% completed! No, he did need a little help getting all the little sections he put together into one large puzzle this afternoon but he's not far from cracking the code on this one.

So, Mom, maybe you are right. Maybe he is smart!! :)




(This video is funny because he is singing one of my silly Josiah songs. I sing, "Jooosiiiah, you are the baby of all the babies" and it's sung to the chorus of The Love Boat. Where you'd hear, "The LOVE Boat, promises something-something-something is when I'm saying, "JoSIAAAh."

This one shows Jon David actually putting the puzzle together.

4 comments:

MiMi said...

I was right! Yes Jon Jon is very smart and he is amazing at times I have to remind myself how old he is. He is a darling funny smart boy and I love him so much! I love his song that is very sweet.
Mimi

Laura P said...

the love boat?? how does that go?? kidding. trying to make you feel old :) Cute videos and yes--he is a smark cookie! :)

Kim said...

Awesome Jon Jon!! We need to play sometime soon!

Ty

Anonymous said...

What a great singing voice and smart too! :)