Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Day of Preschool Eve - Take 2

(This picture GETS me. I mean, look at this. Little brother SO desperately wanting whatever big bro has.)

So, my "month of memories" did not quite pan out. And I'm pretty okay with that. Having three kids ages 5 - 1 requires that I hold loosely to my ambitious plans. Alas, we move on. No time to dwell on it though I may try to catch up. There were some precious moments.

But, dear readers, I would like to take us back five months ago - to September 8th to be exact. This was a big day for our family as Jon David started preschool. That was the day it started... "it" being Josiah's strong desire to also go to preschool. Josiah just had to wear his backpack when we took Jon to school for the first day. It was funny. I saw the teachers for the three-year-old class look kind of panicked when they saw Josiah head down the hall behind Jon. I imagine they were thinking, "Who is this new kid? I didn't get any of his info. What do we do??"

Here is how it sounded a month ago in our house. "I go to school today too, Mom, with Jawn." I sweetly replied, "Oh, Buddy. You get to go with Mommy and Ray Ray to the Y. You go to school when you are four just like Jon did." His emphatic response, "THIS day! I go THIS day, Mom."

So, dear husband and I exchanged looks and we knew what needed to happen. Yep, Josiah needed to go to preschool too.

And now we are awaiting his big day which is tomorrow. Unlike Jon, Josiah is not sulking around and wishing that it were "100 days ago."


But, he will go tomorrow. And I think he will look like a brunette version of this. And we will capture it all with lots of pictures, of course. And to you, sweet Siah, go get 'em!!

1 comment:

Desperate Housemommy said...

Love it. When they're ready, they're ready. Go get 'em, indeed!