Friday, July 4, 2008

Ace of Cake


Happy 4th of July! Isn't it great to be an American and live in our wonderful country! And thank you to all the soldiers who work hard to protect our freedom!! And thank you, Lord, for blessing and protecting our country!

Well, we were scheduled to have special guests this weekend. Cousins Mason and Ella Kate, along with Aunt Ra Ra (Robin) and Kahki, my mother-in-law, were scheduled to arrive for a weekend of fun. I don't blame them for staying away after the hum-dinger of a week we had. So, we hope to make our fun weekend happen in a few weeks.

Plan B was still a lot of fun. We went to Aunt Deeeeees' house (my sister) for some family fun. It was great though we did miss my oldest nephew (who just happened to start West Point, or "The West Point" as Jon David says, last week). Yes, I am a very proud aunt! Considering I was having pre-term labor at 30 weeks pregnant and on bedrest last year at this time, 4th of July 2008 was a big improvement!

Aaron and Isaac, two of my nephews, amaze me that they enjoy playing so much with my children. I mean, they could be doing a lot of other things but they get a kick out of playing hide & seek with Jon Jon and carrying Josiah around. It's cute to hear Jon Jon as he counts to 10 and then starts looking. He says, "Ready or nine, here I come!"

Sweet Aaron even let Jon David strum a bit on his fancy new guitar. What a nice guy!

Perhaps one of the best parts of the day was bringing over my hamburger cake. I was SO proud of this silly dessert (yellow cake, brownie, a little chocolate frosting, kiwi and strawberries). It made me giggle every time I looked at it. :)

8 comments:

Kim said...

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet that tasted wonderful after the week you guys had!!!! Great JOB!!!!! Every time I think of your sis tears come to my eyes! Glad you could be there with her yesterday!

Denise Travis said...

What an awesome cake!!!

Nancy said...

Your cake looks wonderful!
I missed not being there.

Love Aunt Lordy aka
Aunt Ovary Diesel

Book Worm said...

That is the best looking burger I've ever seen! I love the poppyseed bun! I'm going to have to get the instructions from you. Brownie in the middle?! YUMM-O!

Laura P said...

that cake is awesome! how creative. and im sure it tasted so yummy, if you could bring yourself to cut into it :) I'm so glad yall are feeling better. . .what a horrible week of sickness and spreading it around the fam :) Hope that's the last of it!!
Miss you guys!!! And in response to your comments on my blog--yes. im am positive jordan and jon would get into some major trouble together :) Im just sad they dont remember lovin' on each other. And how could i forget our daily conversations about sleep, and every other paranoid concern we had. i miss you, girl!!

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

I'll admit it was a little scary at first. I thought, "wow, that's a lot of meat...and there's strawberries in it. Ew!" But after a minute of regrouping, we waz kewl. It was a wonderful time with you all. I'm going to blog about my favorite moment which might surprise you. Stay tuned...

Shana-Lynn said...

Happy belated 4th! Wow, that cake looks pretty tasty. I might have to try to make that one.

Holliday Family said...

What an amazing cake!!! Sounds like you had a great time after your horrible week!