Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Josiah - 11 months


My baby boy is 11 months. Excuse me - how did that happen??? This year has truly flown by and I'm amazed at my sweet, ever-growing little boy!



Today was his first haircut by my friend, Sherri. She did a great job and he was not too bad of a client - a little wiggly, curious as to what she was doing but FAR better than other children I have given birth to. Here is our before...



and AFTER.



So very big!




My plans to have a monthly photo in front of the babyGap bear are not panning out as I planned. I may try again tomorrow if I can get JD to help keep Si anywhere near the bear. Fact is, Josiah is just too busy to be bothered with my silly photo shoots. Thus, many of these pictures were taken in the car today. The days where I can literally take 100 pictures of Josiah seem to be gone. I'll settle for taking just a few - as long as I get at least something.


Latest developments:


Another new tooth is almost all the way out which makes the total teeth count at 7.


He is learning to wave though will not do it on a regular basis. Still, I see him wave and he seems to enjoy it.


He will occasionally say his brother's name which sounds like, "Don Don." Jon David thinks Si is calling him Donald (as in one of Thomas the Tank Engine's friends - of course!). When I ask Josiah to find Jon Jon, he will occasionally look around until he finds Jon. I think he is starting to really connect some of our words/questions.


He looks at every new person with a discerning eye and asks himself one question, "Are you taking my mommy from me?" Yes, we are in MAJOR separation anxiety stage and I am regularly called out of church and exercise classes at the Y due to his persistent screaming for me.

"Who are you and do you think you're going to take my mommy away from me???"

Josiah sometimes mimics Jon David especially times with Jon Jon coughs or laughs. Si watches everything his big brother does.





Josiah remains a sweet boy, very curious as to his world, very much a fan of his family and a joy to have in our lives. I absolutely adore this precious gift from God!

7 comments:

Kim said...

It is amazing how I can see so many people in one little boy...in one picture he looks like his Mommy, in another his Daddy and another his cousins....

We love you Si!!!

KIKI

sharon said...

wow - he IS growing so fast! you should be such a proud mom as your boys are precocious & funny. enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Happy 11 months, Josiah!

Laura P said...

wow. 11 months--happy 11 months, buddy! He's so cute. love the new haircut and loved hearing his updates--so cute he mimics everything Jon does. isnt it just adorable how much the look up to their older siblings already. . .until they get pushed or something :) Sorry to hear the separation anxiety is high now!! no fun. cyrus has been doing a bit of that as well. Looks like fun times around your house, my friend. And like the new sleeping bag!! what trips are yall taking? miss yall. . . . .

Book Worm said...

Oh my goodness! He looks so big! Maybe it's the haircut that makes him look older. I can't believe it. I agree with you, time has flown. It seems like just yesterday I met you at the HOT Farmer's Market and he was asleep in your Ergo. :)

Wendy said...

They are getting big!! Josiah sounds like a ham. When Julia was 2'is I had a TV in her room. I had the powers buttons covered to hide them, but one night (at 3 am) I caught her wide awake watching "Threes Company" on nick at night. Apparently it was something she did every night. Booger.

Denise Travis said...

SO HANDSOME!!! I think it's great that Josiah is saying JonJon's name!! What close brothers they will be!