Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"Mommy, should I have..."


Jon David is a MASTER. I swear, he could write a book or hold incredibly successful seminars on the subject of "how to get what you want." Whether it's being super sweet or too smart for his own good, my boy knows how to work it.


Here's his new thing - in a sweet, falsetto voice, he oh so innocently asks, "Mommy, should I have a snack?" Or, "Mommy, should I watch a train show?" If he really is working it, he'll cup his hands together like you'd expect some Dutch clogging team member and tilts his head. Where does he get this stuff?


Besides the constant efforts to better his existence, here are a few other funny things happening with him.


1) My mom is over for a few days and he woke up at 5:15 am and started knocking on her door. "MiMi! MiMi!" He tried this a few times until I heard the commotion and put an end to that. He's been warned not to wake MiMi again. (still, we thought it was funny)


2) He often asks about people's health and sometimes the status of their butts. One night, he wanted to join in the conversation his daddy and I were having (no, not about butts). And, he very maturely asked, "How is your butt, Daddy?" When Daddy responded that it was well and inquired about Jon David's, he answered, "Ummm - a little okay."


3) His brother is getting on his nerves. One day, he kept asking me, "Are you done taking care of Josiah, Mommy?"


I love my sweet boy. He is full of life, terribly smart and a sweet boy. Thank you, God, for this gift!

4 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

I'm signing up for Jon's classes! That kid is just too much! Our butts are doing well, please pass the news onto to my nephew!

Much love,

Aunt Deeeeeeeeeees

Denise Travis said...

SO FUNNY!!! I love that boy and I miss you!

Shana-Lynn said...

Awww....what a sweetheart he is! I love it!

sharon said...

the status of people's butts question is genius.