Thursday, July 3, 2008

No title can do it justice



I don't even know what kind of a title to use in describing this week. Suffice it to say, Sunday night/early Monday morning was probably one of the worst, if not the worst of my life. Yes, I am being dramatic but that's just how it was. Given the choice of that evening's events and, say, childbirth - give me labor any day.

(warning - this post has a lot to do with vomiting. Reader beware!)

So, rewind to Saturday afternoon. I'm putting Josiah down for a nap and he vomits ALL over me. He seems happy enough and not too worried. I assume that maybe he ate too much and changed my clothes/went about my way. A few hours later, I'm all showered and ready for a birthday party to go with JD and the boys. While playing with Josiah, he "loses it" again. Okay, I think to myself, this is probably not a coincidence. We may have something happening here. He and I stay home from the party and he does "it" two more times. Now I know that we're in for some interesting times.

Josiah has a fever Sunday morning and we stay home from chuch. In hindsight, this was a very wise move. Late Sunday night, I was awakened from a deep sleep to spend the next 6 hours clearing myself of anything I'd eaten for the past month. ROUGH!

JD stayed home Monday to take care of the boys. I made myself available to feed Si and that was just about it. Monday morning, Jon David starts doing "it". JD and I look at each other knowing that he was next. Soon, we had sheets and blankets all over the house since Jon David is not too reliable. Late Monday, JD decided to join in the fun.


Praise the Lord, I was about 90% better on Tuesday and able to take care of my three guys. I took the boys to the doctor yesterday and found out it's a stomach bug and nothing bacterial.

Today is Thursday and we're just about back on track. Normal diets have been resumed and the sanitary cycle on my washer has been running overtime today as I sanitize the house.

We felt like a train wreck, victims of some horrible beating (JD and I were so very sore, every part of our weak bodies).


So, it is with a cautious sigh of relief that we put to rest the week that was. Happier days are here again!

6 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

OH, I am sorry you guys were sick.


Happy 4th!

Holliday Family said...

sounds just awful. Hope you are all better to full health to enjoy your 4th July celebrations!

Denise Travis said...

I can't believe it went through your family so quickly!!! You all deserve a vacation!

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Wow, that was quite a time and it hearkens me back to the 2 1/2 week bout of vomiting and diarrhea we enjoyed with two of our three sons. You remember, don't you? Glad you were NOWHERE around us and glad everyone is feeling better. YAY!

Nice and funny post,

Aunt Deeeeeeeees

Kim said...

Glad to see smiles on the boys faces! Love you and miss you like crazy!

Book Worm said...

Oh dear. I knew you and Josiah were sick but didn't know the whole crew had it. Puke! I'm glad you all are feeling better and are up to making beautiful cakes. Well, we braved the 4th, even walking the mile from Ritter to the KokaBooth 'works only for it to start lightning 10 minutes after we sat down, so be proud of staying home. :)