Monday, July 23, 2007

My Personal Best



Just like runners have their "personal bests" with times for races, I have a personal best with gestation. ;) As of this moment, we have exceeded the amount of time Jon David was in the womb! I'm not trying to promote sibling rivalry but I did speak to my baby boy (via my belly) and told him that the race was not who could get out first but rather who was the biggest baby who "baked" the longest. I figure life with the babyGap kid as your big brother could be a bit challenging so I'm pushing for this fella to be bigger than his big brother. Seriously though, we are SO thankful to be entering week 35! Things sure look different when you're not 30 weeks pregnant hearing the doctor tell you that your baby could come soon (and may not even live)!


Everything else is pretty much more of the same. My mom is blessing us beyond measure by taking care of me, my boy and our home (Daddy too is getting lots of treats from her like banana bread). It's so nice to know that I can take go to my room and rest for hours knowing that my big boy is having a blast with his grandma.


It's a little hard to post new stuff when you spend your days flat on your butt-inski. So, there are no real pictures of fun things we've done! But, here is my mom's FAMOUS banana bread that we beg her to bake at least once a week. Enjoy!!!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay! SO how is it to be 35 weeks? I've always wondered... :)

If it is His will, I pray that the Lord would grant at least 2 more!

How exciting!!!

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

We are so proud of you and your little fella! I guess he wanted to make sure he had some really good quality time with you and the best way to do it is to stay exactly where he is a little while longer. I keep waiting for my phone to ring but am so happy it hasn't yet! Your shower was way fun and sooo nice!

Love,

Aunt Cindy

Janice said...

35 weeks! Wow! Good job, Denise!! Glad everything is going well! I think this one is staying in the oven full term!

BTW, the kids have the same musical chair and they love it!

Shana-Lynn said...

Congrats on entering 35 weeks! That is so exciting. I am so glad everything is working out. Keep up the good work. I love that last picture of Jon David! His smile is the best!

Jennifer said...

That's awesome! I am so glad your little one is waiting it out. You are going to have a big healthy baby soon!

Wendy said...

Well Jon David is certainly having a good time. He is so stinkin cute!! I am thankful your momma is there to take care of you! What a sweet woman. HOw wonderful to have her do that. So glad you just keep baking. Not that much longer on bed rest! YEAH!!!