Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Bummer of a Night - STILL no baby


My contractions were quite painful and only 2 minutes apart. My OB told me to go to the hospital and I was SURE that this baby was on his way. That much pain has to equal real labor, right???? Well, apparently for me, that's not the case. I spent 4 VERY painful hours in L/D and did not progress at all past 2 or so centimeters. So, they sent this cry baby of a pregnant woman home around 4:30 am today. I am just "one of those people" (I'm starting to really hate that expression when talking about this pregnancy) who stays in the early stages of labor for a really long time. >oh joy<> So, I am at home, still having contractions (though not as regular nor as painful) and am supposedly just going to know when it's the real deal. Until then, big and pregnant I remain...

4 comments:

smithhouse2000@charter.net said...

Sweetheart, I am sorry you are having this drawn out. I remember when I was pregnant with Kim I had so much false labor and went to the hospital several times to no avail. It is frustrating. I told the Lord I would not know when it was real (even though she was my 3rd) unless my water broke. Well, it did! All 3 other pregnancies the doctor had to break my water but the Lord heard that prayer for me. Soooooooooo :) I am praying for you and this little man will be here soon for you to love on. Aunt Pam

Wendy said...

Oh momma I am so sorry. I hope you are feeling better. I have to say you are not allowed to have him until my guessed date. So keep him in there a bit longer. :) Tee hee. I know, not laughin matters huh? I still am praying for you and the little un-named prince. His room is so beautiful. Will you come decorate my kids' rooms?? Chin up my dear!

Susie PSU said...

I bet you have your baby by now!! Prayers for a safe delivery and a quick recovery.

erin said...

Sorry to hear it, friend.