Monday, August 13, 2007

His Room is Ready and So Am I...


Well, I'll spare you the gory details but I've started to "show" some signs of labor (code language for all you mommies). I am 2-cm dilated and 80% effaced which, I guess, can mean a whole lot of nothing. But, my cramps have turned into contractions so we think we're starting to get some action here.
While up in the wee small hours of the morning feeling crappy, I finished the last details on baby boy's (still no name) room. The bedding is courtesy of our friends at babyGap. And a HUGE thank you to my amazing pal, Kim, who gave me the beautiful cross (she painted it herself - I'm so impressed), picked out the paint color while I was on bed rest and also painted the frame on the "The Prince Sleeps Here" print). She is the best!!!


Stay tuned for more details...

9 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Praying for you and my new nephew. I can make a dinner if you need it. I am also available for sugar love of my sugar baby. I know he has company but Aunt Dee aka Jump Jump is always ready to spend time with him. Soon you will have a new little fella in your arms, hang in there, you can do it!

Love,

Aunt Cindy Big Sis

erin said...

The room looks AWESOME! My bedding should be on it's way from Gap too. They were out of the bumper though :-(

I keep checking back to see if we have news yet...be sure to leave JD all the blogging instructions so he can keep us posted!

Denise Travis said...

Oh, I love it!!! Talk about being in a magazine! The nursery looks perfect! And I love that this little one has his own special room with lots of unique touches just for him!

Jamie said...

The room looks super cute!! Can't wait to see pics of him in it!

Janice said...

Hi, Denise, glad to hear from you! I wondered if you had your baby yet! The room is absolutely beautiful! Love the bedding! Hope everything is ok and take care of yourself!

Shana-Lynn said...

Well, it doesn't sound like it will be much longer. Just wanted to wish you all the best and please please keep us posted. The room looks great btw.

Susie PSU said...

OOh, how exciting for you! Another family member will be here any day now!!

Nancy said...

The room looks great. I won't call and I've told Grandma not to either. She was going to check on you today. Looking forward to seeing the new addition.

Love Aunt Lorri

Jennifer said...

The room looks great. I keep thinking I am going to see a post that you new little one has arrived. I know you are getting VERY excited!