Wednesday, August 29, 2007

On My Own





The words to that Patti LaBelle (I think it was her) song are ringing through my head as my mom headed for duty at my sister's for the weekend. She promises to come back Sunday and we are all counting the seconds!

My mom has been at our house since basically the end of June and has been the most amazing help to us all. Jon David is beyond crazy about her and she is probably the only adult besides my husband who I could live with for 8 weeks and not go crazy. She's just easy like that. She's my mom and I love her very much.

So - tomorrow, it's me and my two guys. I'm PETRIFIED - beyond scared. Jon David is testing every limit and still not well. How will I keep him from coughing all over Josiah? What will he do for the many times a day I nurse? Let's just say this, my prayer life will be at an all-time high tomorrow.

Here are some pictures from today. The new favorite toy is Jon David's house (also known as the box to our double-stroller). Notice the art work.

2 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Denise, you'll do fine tomorrow. Good luck though.

Jon David's house is too cute. Aubree would certainly love something like that.

Josiah has changed so much already, I can't believe it.

Nancy said...

I love Jon's new house/artwork. He looks like he is having a blast.

Josiah is beautiful.

You will do fine. You're a wonderful mother, sister, wife & friend. You go girl!

Love
Lorri