Thursday, December 2, 2010

Month of Memories... December 2nd

The list in my head goes something like this... "Gotta get that Dora doll for the angel tree at the Y. Where can I find it? Does Jon's shirt literally have to be just red for the Christmas play or can he wear a red sweater? Ask teachers about that. What day is it that I get a discount at LifeWay? I wonder if I can get to that shopping day at that Cary school on Friday." and on and on and on. And then the track repeats.

On Sunday, the message from the Word was aimed directly at me. God pulls no punches and His word is alive. Here is what the good Lord shared with me and now I will share with you:

41 And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42

Now I will admit that it's four days since I heard a message at church on this passage. I'm a slow learner, especially when it comes to changing my heart. So, as I scurry about, I hear this softly in my ear (not literally but my heart does stir), "Denise, Denise... you are worried and troubled about many things. This season is about my gift to you. This gift need not be wrapped. I wrapped Him myself in swaddling clothes in a manger. This gift is free though it cost me my only precious son. I know you love me, dear child. So, please stop all this busyness. Think of sweet Mary and the time she spent with me. That, my child, is what your heart and busy mind need today. Come now..."

2 comments:

O Boys Mommy said...

Amen!

Amy said...

"yes, be still and know that I am God" needs to be a permanent tatoo on my forehead. thanks for the reminder.