Sunday, December 5, 2010

Month of Memories - December 5th

It was quite a treat for the kids and me to see JD's portrayal of Joseph in a play about the birth of Jesus. Our church did a fantastic job recreating Bethlehem for the kids with crafts and a play. Loved it. Now, JD, he's quite the thespian. The kids giggled at the sight of Daddy in a robe and sandals standing on the stage. I'm thinking Oscar buzz...


Now of the miracle birth of Jesus Christ, I recall that many a moon ago (well, not really) this blog was titled "Luke 2:19 - before it changed into Party of Five. I will share with you that I find it ironic that the verse I chose for this blog is about how Mary treasures these things in her heart. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. I picked it because, to a certain extent, I'd be sharing my heart's treasures via this blog. Isn't it funny and ironic that I chose a verse about keeping things quiet and in one's heart for something that shares things with anyone who cares to read.

Back to Luke 2. It's the Christmas story. It's wonderful, beautiful and changed my life forever.

Here's a quote I like from a little book I picked up at LifeWay called Celebrate HIS Birth:

The Christ child changed the world forever, and He can do the same for us. On this Christmas day, we, like the shepherds of old, are called to celebrate the birth of the baby Jesus. May we, like those shepherds, leave our fields - wherever they may be - and pause to worship God's priceless gift: His Son.

No comments: