Monday, June 25, 2007

Freezer Friendly Recipes Please

My list of acquired appliances keeps growing! I now have a big freezer that I plan to stock full of meals for after baby boy arrives. I've wanted an extra freezer for years! :) And because of this new purchase and that I am bringing a meal to a family from church with a new baby - I need your help! Please send me good, easy, preferably somewhat budget/waist-friendly recipes. In exchange, here is a good one that I've used and loved. It's from one of my favorite cooks, Paula Deen. Thanks, Guys!

Baked Spaghetti (I've not used her House Seasoning. I just improvise.)

5 comments:

Megan said...

Mmmmm...you know I don't ever cook from recipes. This baked spaghetti recipe that you sent me was the last thing I cooked by the book. I'll think about it though, and let you know if I come up with anything... :)

Wendy said...

Goodness, I don't know. For summertime.... this recipe sounds great with a salad!! Yummy! I like lasagna also. I am not a big cook though. I can make only 3 things, lasagna, some delicious chicken enchiladas, and potat. green chile soup. That is it folks!! The extent of my cooking!!

starfitch said...

If you haven't yet, check out www.thepioneerwomancooks.com. Her chicken spaghetti recipe is wonderful, freezes beautifully and makes enough to feed an army!

Here's another one that freezes well...

Cheesy Potatoes
32 oz bag frozed diced potatoes (thawed)
small chopped onion
8 oz sour cream (I like to use Dean's french onion dip)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups shredded cheddar
1 stick melted butter

Combine all ingredients and place in a 9x13 casserole, bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until bubbly.

To make it an entree, just add diced ham to the mixture!

A.K. said...

i've a friend of pigbears and love to look at your blog. I love this recipe

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1152952

Except I do one can of corn in place of one of the cans of black beans (meaning only one can black bean and one can corn) and then if i'm feeling lazy i don't add cilantro or green onions (my dad and husband like it better without the onions...) and it still tastes just as delicious.

enjoy!

Stacy said...

I think that recipe looks good! I will try it. I have a good soup recipe the rest I invent!