Wednesday, June 6, 2007

We're Finally Home "Owers"

It's moving day and this boy is HAPPY!!! He's also proud of himself sitting in a real chair.

As our real estate attorney said at the closing, "Congratulations! You are now home owers." :)


With many thanks to all our helpers (Cindy, Lorri, Mom, Denise, Chris and my nephews), we are in a very live-able house! The remaining boxes are contained and basically in a few rooms (baby's room, bonus room and the empty dining room). So, that's not too bad.


The best way to describe how it feels to go from two years of apartment living to a beautiful house - like our wedding night. There was something so amazingly wonderful yet foreign to it. Like the first night we spent together on our wedding night, I was so excited to finally be at the moment I'd dreamed of for so long.


Jon David is adjusting well though I've been gone from him more this past week than ever before so that is not helping. He acts completely normal until bedtime and then it's like all the change cumulates and it's just too much for the little man. And he's been waking up in the night and gotten some extra loving from our family's chief nighttime comforter, aka Daddy.


I'm adjusting to my new appliances and also to those the previous owners left. Our fridge is "fancy" in my opinion and the washer/dryer required some serious reading on my part to make sure that I got it right. It's the front loader/high efficiency kind and a tad different that the ones I've had in our apartments.

And, some drama - while using the self-cleaning oven, it caught on fire! Yes - that's right, FIRE. The flames were about 3 - 4 inches high and I freaked out! I know, I'm a bad blogger since I should have taken a picture of it but I was busy looking for the fire extinguisher. We figured out how to quit the self-cleaning and I'll be contacting my friendly GE-dealer for some help. I have NO clue what would cause that. Any ideas???


I'll write more later as it's late and time for bed! I look forward to catching up on all your blogs, hopefully tomorrow!! I've missed you guys!







These fabulous women are not only bloggers extraordinaire but they are master unpackers, Cindy and Denise. My sister, Cindy, really went to town in the kitchen and that made a HUGE difference!!



"Fancy" fridge as I call it and my first load of laundry after receiving a degree in fancy washers.


Aunt Lorri came from Chicago on Friday and stayed until today to help unpack and watch Jon David. You can see the great time they had.

Jon David and Aunt Lorri's Moving Company, at your service!

9 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Zheesh, I thought you had dropped from the face of the earth, welcome back to blogland! I loved the movie of Jon and Lorri, how funny! Happy to help you, it was a nice distraction!

Love,

Aunt Cindy

Wendy said...

Me, me I'll hire them!! I am so glad you are adjusting to your home. I LOVE my front loader, and it makes for great entertainment for the kiddos with that little window. Yes, you own a fancy fridge. I am jealous of that one. You kick those feet up every once in a while!! Have a great Thursday!!!

Shana-Lynn said...

Congrats on your new home! You do have some fancy equipment! Your home looks nice can't wait to see the baby's room. Wendy is right, make sure you put your feet up!

Jennifer said...

Yay, you are back! Congrats on your new home. I know you are so excited. I rememeber that feeling, it is such an amazing one. I am glad you guys are getting unpacked and settling in. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Janice said...

Denise, I've missed you! Welcome back! You sure have had a real busy week! I hope you are taking care of yourself and not overdoing it with the move:-). It's so exciting to finally own a home, isn't it?

Jon David's expression when looking at his Aunt Lori is just priceless! Love the appliances!! I don't know what causes the fire when self cleaning the oven - we haven't done that at all since we got ours a year ago! We can't figure ours out - our fridge is a "Whirlpool" and our washer and dryier & oven is a "Frigidaire" - how funny is that?

Love your sister's monkey shirt!!

Denise Travis said...

FIRE!!??? Holy Smoke, Batman!

Actually, I'm impressed you used the self cleaning feature....aside from cleaning the window to the oven, I've put off any kind of oven cleaning. Yuck!

Laura P said...

YAAAYYYY!! im so excited for yall. perfect timing with #2 on the way, and yes my dear--those look like some really fancy appliances!! and a fancy oven that even catches on fire. scary, but funny. glad yall are ok!! we'll catch up soon since we got cut off the other day :)

Laura

Megan said...

I love how Jon is "helping" Lori move the couch. That's adorable.

I'll definitely need all your home ower advice next month!!

God has been so good to both of us!!!

Andrea said...

I missed you, too! I am so glad that you are getting settled in. Those front loading washers are awesome, but I did read the instructions quite a few times before using mine too! I didn't want to break it. Um, I hope they get your oven figured out for you, cuz bursting into flames like that does not sound normal! I would have freaked!

Anyway, it is so good to have you back- and congrats on being a new home "ower" (Love that!)