Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Good and the Bad


Today's OB appointment was a mixed bag. The good news is that the cervical ultrasound came back very positive. It looks strong and a really good length. As a bonus, I got a quick peek at my baby boy and found out that he's head down and not likely to pull any funny business and switch positions. That all was good, very good. Now the bad - my fetal fibronectin test came back positive (which, if you recall, is bad). Apparently, when you get the desired result (negative), you can pretty much count on NOT having a baby within 2 weeks. When it's positive, it does not mean you will deliver soon but it's a possible indicator. The doctor said this result in light of the good news we had with the ultrasound is why she is not overly concerned. Still, I go back next Thursday the 5th instead of my normal two-week appointment.


So, I'm trying not to worry and trust the good Lord. My sweet hubby is very concerned and basically wants me on close to bedrest. I want to be good and protect my baby but I also don't want to overreact and totally stop doing anything. I have a family who needs me and there is so much to do every day. How do you just let it all slide especially when I've been trying so hard to keep up with everything. I know we need to lean on people for help but I hate to cry wolf and I still feel fine. So, this is tough. :( We could sure use some prayers. Jon David arrived at 34 weeks and still needed 2 weeks in the NICU. I'm only 30 1/2 weeks and really, really need to make it to 34! That seems SO far away at this moment!


Must go. My beloved wants me resting. Off I go...
(Wendy, I think I stole this picture off your blog a long time ago.)

13 comments:

Susie PSU said...

Prayers are being sent your way. Hang in there!

Shana-Lynn said...

Sorry about your test Denise. Saying my prayers for you and the baby to make it to at LEAST 34 weeks. Try to keep your chin up and think positive. I am confident things will work out.

Hang in there and follow your husbands orders and do rest.

Janice said...

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers. Keep that baby bun in the oven and take it easy! YOu are a great mom and wife to take care of your family!

Jennifer said...

I am sending prayers and thoughts your way.

Take it easy and don't be afraid to take the help when you need it (even though you may not feel like you need it).

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

We are praying that our new nephew likes it just where he is and stays put. I wish I were here to help you. When I get back, I'll do whatever I can. We love you! Take care of yourself!

Unknown said...

Denise, just remember that every day your little man is inside of you, he grows stronger and stronger. And if he is in a rush to meet your fabulous family (and flirt with some NICU nurses like his big brother), can you hardly blame him? I'm thinking of you and sending you non contracting thoughts. You can do it!

Stacy said...

Take is easy if that is what you need to do! It is only for awhile! Let everyone help you out, it will not last long! Praying for ya- keep us posted!

Andrea said...

Denise, I will keep you and baby boy in my thoughts and prayers.

Andrea said...

Blogger was being so weird for me last night- I wanted to type more and I couldn't.

I don't think you are crying wolf by resting. I know that you have been working so hard, but it really is better to play it safe.

You are right- lean on your friends and family right now. They won't mind at all.

Just remember that one day you will be able to pay it forward, but right now, take it easy.

((hugs))

Lisa said...

I will keep you and your baby boy in my prayers! I hope that he keeps "baking" a little longer. Keep us updated!

Wendy said...

Oh, I am so praying for you all. I know the stress alone of thinking thoughts abour it are bad enough!! Keep that little guy baking. I am comforted by the fact that you know God has it all in his plan, and he has it under control. I am glad that you too can take comfort in it. God has you covered momma!!

erin said...

Keep us posted, Denise. We are totally thinking of you guys right now.

Jamie said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and "little bit!" Rest, rest, rest! And let whoever wants to do your dishes and laundry...if I lived near you, I would totally come over and do it!