Wednesday, April 11, 2007

At a babyGap Near You!

I was trying to wait and post this after they have Jon David's picture in the front window but, frankly, I can't wait anymore! Late last week, the casting call winners' (Jon David and cute, cute Sarah) pictures from Hawaii were put up in the stores across the country. I attached images of the shirt and hat he wore for his "Havana Nights" look in case you wanted to run out and get it for your little one. We even bought an outfit for baby brother to wear next year. Can't wait!

I knew the picture would be good but I was thrilled once I saw it. I can't even imagine how fun it will be to see him in the front window!

So, here are the pictures from our local store. I'm sure he's up near you now as well. But, you may want to wait a week until they unveil the front display. He should be in the window for about 2 weeks.

Other things we've been up to - Time Out City! I took out his pack & play, put it in his room without any toys. This is now our version of the "naughty seat" since there ain't no way this boy is sitting in a chair for a minute. I'm somewhat encouraged by his response to these 60 - 90 seconds of "thinking time" that he has been been earning. I actually think he is starting to "get it" though that does not mean he has turned from his ways of pulling on electrical cords, tugging curtains and blinds and turning on/off the computer hard drive. Those temptations are just too, well, tempting! As they say, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

I'm encouraged to get back into reading "Shepherding Your Child's Heart" because I want to get this discipline thing right. I trust the good Lord will hear my prayer for this direction and help guide me. It's tough!! Advice??

9 comments:

Megan said...

I saw that handsome devil at my Baby Gap today!! How fun!!

Wendy said...

WOW! No, I am still trying to figure out what works. I have heard from my MOPS (mothers of preschoolers group at church) that there is a book about love languages of your kids. I can't remember the name, but supposedly learning their love languages teaches you how to better deal with them. Like I said, I am still trying to figure out what works.... I will be chacking back for advice myself!!

Janice said...

I was finally able to stop at Baby Gap last monday and saw Jon David and Sarah's pictures - it is AWESOME!!!! Going inside that store is just a bad thing for me because I want to buy everything. It's a good thing my kids cry whenever I bring them in there (don't ask why), so I can't stay long, but I did do some damage the other day:-).

As for Time Out, I can't figure out where I could put Cameron for time out (it's also usually because he pulls our vertical blinds off!). The pack and play is his favorite and he thinks it's fun time when I put him in there!

Jennifer said...

How cute!!! I had no idea Jon David was a Gap casting call winner!! I am going to the mall tomorrow and am going to make a special stop and look at his picture! I might just have to buy one of those little outfits for Devin!

Jamie said...

So cute!! Your little model is just precious!! I can't wait until Asher is out of preemie clothes so he can work it in a cute baby gap outfit!

Wendy said...

OKay I have seen him twice now at two different Gaps, and it is too fun! Love it! He looks so great. Makes me even feel special because I "fell like I know you". Wished we lived closer!! Would love to hang out with you!

Kristen said...

Wow, that's really neat. What a cute picture. He's a little celebrity! I got to your blog through my friend Wendy's blog. She's one of my dearest friends. As for the time out, my boys are older now, so I don't use it much anymore, but I used to. However, it just doesn't seem to work for some kids. It never seemed to work for my oldest one, because he just never minded sitting still. As for my middle one, it just drove him crazy. But, I do know you're on the right track by trusting God to show you the way!

Andrea said...

I was so excited when I saw him at our babyGap- I know a celebrity! Evan waved at the picture, and I told him that was our friend Jon David!

Susie PSU said...

I have found prayer and time outs work for my kids - my prayer for patience, and a quick timeout for them. Hang in there, we all do the best we can, and that's all we can do. Just remember, no kid ever had any harm done from crying. I just let them cry during their time out. Hey, it beats ME crying! lol