Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Two Bath Kind of Day

We started off the day clean enough. Jon David went for the preppy look as we headed to Little Gym. He had a great time there maneuvering the balance beam and basically running around for 45 minutes. Good, good fun!

I love him in these cargo shorts. And the belt, courtesy of you-know-where, is a big hit with all the mommies. Daddy has a belt like this that Mommy wears when she gets REALLY big with Baby.

Things then took a turn...

Lunch consisted of the gooey part of a NutriGrain bar being mashed into his hair. The dirty face and clothes are par for the course. I was prepared and he only had on a onesie and some little leggings. Bath #1.

At least he was out of his nice clothes...


Daddy had dinner duty since I was off making 13 meals at Dream Dinners (What an amazing concept! The food is decent and the time and money savings is significant). Back to my messy boy...

I've been flirting/postponing teaching Jon David to feed himself. I'll give him a spoon with some yogurt on it and have tried putting the suction cup bowls on his tray. That goes relatively well. He gets bored and I just keep feeding him. Well, Daddy handed over the reigns, I mean - the bowl. Well, as you can see, things got messy. But, I think Mommy learned something. Her boy is more than ready to start learning to feed himself. Something tells me maybe I should just be ready to give many baths in the coming days... :) Besides, being clean all the time is overrated!



It's so much more efficient to just put your face IN the bowl.

2 comments:

Janice said...

I agree with you on the cargo shorts! Love the whole outfit!

I too postponed teaching Cameron to feed himself because it was taking me forever to clean him up and needed to feed Ava at the same time. That was a little tricky. It's a good thing he learning now because by the time his baby brother comes, then would be able to feed himself :-).

By the way, my friend Shana was at the mall yesterday and said that Jon David's and Sarah's pictures are up at Baby Gap. I can't wait to see it!!!!

Andrea said...

LOL! Love those 2-bath days! Yesterday I found food in Evan's diaper- how he managed to spill it there is beyond me- but eating sure is a mess! Once the weather is warmer, I plan to just let him eat naked and hose him down when he is finished. (I'm joking, I promise! Though the thought has crossed my mind!)

I love his preppy outfit- very cute!