Tuesday, April 3, 2007

There was never a child so lovely...

There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


On the topic of sleeping, here are a few of my favorite pictures of Jon David sleeping over the past, gasp, 17 months. I never tire of looking at my baby especially when he's sleeping so peacefully.


Don't you just love the rump in the air while asleep? Check out his crib posse!

Not a great picture but I still like it.The early days...

My little angel...A friend made this hat and he wore it ALL the time. He was so tiny! Only 4 lbs 7 oz at birth.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh Denise- those are so cute. I love the rump in the air as well. That is my favorite thing. My son is about to turn 5, and believe or not, he still puts his rump in the air while sleeping. I love it. I sure his wife may not like it though.....

Janice said...

All these pictures are too precious!!! Love the one with you and Jon David together. You are absolutely beautiful!!!!!

Don't you wonder how they can sleep in their cribs with all those toys? I should take a picture of Cameron's crib with all his friends taking a nap with him! Ava's still too little to have stuff in her bed but I'm sure in a few months she'll be doing the same thing.

Jennifer said...

These pictures are great. I love the first one. Aren't they just so precious when they sleep like that?? Sleeping pictures are some of my favorites!

I found your blog through Andrea and Jon David is just adorable.

Susie PSU said...

I miss my kids in a crib. I have a picture somewhere I should look for to post...thanks for the inspiration!

Andrea said...

Oh my, he was such a little peanut! The hat picture is too too cute! And, um, how did you manage to look so good when he was so tiny?! You look so pretty in the picture of the two of you sleeping!

Evan has just started to sleep with his bum up like that, and it cracks me up. It must be comfortable, but you can't help but chuckle when you see it! :)

Megan said...

NO WAY that tiny baby is Jon David!! So adorable!!