Sunday, January 6, 2008

Daddy fix it


A day full of bloggable moments - in other words, I feel so blessed by God to have this sweet family. My friend, Debi, gave me the nicest of compliments. She said that reading my blog updates is like reading the next chapter in a great book. Wow! That made my day.

This chapter involves a little boy who thinks his daddy can fix anything. We drive along and see various things on the road and Jon David proclaims, "Daddy fix it." To him, Daddy is the biggest, smartest, best fixer-uper EVER. Oh, well, I concur with his assessment. Daddy is ALL that.

For some reason, the trees in our backyard are in need of fixing. As if I don't ask enough Honey Do's (I prefer to call them "Baby Please's"), now my son is in on it!


I was just thanking God for how today turned out. I was semi-annoyed that Jon's nap was not as long as I wanted it to be (so that mine could continue!). But, by getting up a little early, I was able to play in the yard with just my big boy and we had the best time. I love how God provides these opportunities and when I am smart and have the right perspective, I see how He blesses me all day.


3 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

I think JD needs to quit his day job, get off his fat butt and get all those trees fixed! How cute is this guy! OM Gosh!

Bleucwo523 said...

Oh so sweet. I love the innocence of his face in the first picture.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful moments.

Lorri - aka Ovary Diesel

Jennifer said...

So sweet. Devin does the same thing, I hear "Daddy fix it" at least once a day!