Saturday, January 12, 2008

Two monkeys in a crib




I love silly moments with my fellas. It certainly beats the alternative, right? And we've had PLENTY of the "alternative" lately. But, back to the fun stuff. The other morning I put baby Si in Jon David's crib with him. Oh, what fun they thought it was. Jon David even shared Thomas (see below). For those of you who have been following our crew for a while, you may recognize the beloved cow in Jon David's mouth (remember the "swap" I did a few months ago - see my How Stuffed Cows Become Real post in September). He even tried to have Si put it in his mouth but I helped move them on to other things.


I look forward to the day when they share bunk beds in a room and get to be pals. I know the fights will be inevitable and I do not look forward to being a referee. But, there is a part of my heart that just gets really excited about these two guys and the days ahead for them. I pray that they really love each other and look out for one another. They'll only be one year apart in school (Jon David will turn 6 just a few months after starting kindergarten because of his November birthdate) and I hope that when people think of the boys, they smile.

2 comments:

Denise Travis said...

so precious!! I know what you mean about wanting them to be close. I love my sister and cherish all our childhood memories. We are six years apart though, so there were some rough years. I hope our kids are close in age...for lots of reasons!

Jon David must really love his baby brother if he's willing to share his cow!

So sorry we missed you today....I hope we see you this week!

Shana-Lynn said...

How can you not smile when you think of these two cutie pies.

I am certain, they will be the best of buds, may fight, but they will still love each other so much.