Thursday, December 6, 2007

Follow Me in Merry Measure


Christmas treats - yummy!! Please share with me some of your favorite holiday fare. I especially need a brunch item for my MOPS Christmas party next week. Extra points for you if it's an easy to transport item. In exchange for your help, here is one of my favorites courtesy of Family Fun magazine:

Salty pretzels combine with sweet chocolate for these fun treats that make a yummy gift few can resist.

Bite-size, waffle-shaped pretzels Hershey's Kiss or Hershey's Hug M&M's candy
Step 1: Heat the oven to 170. Set a number of bite-size, waffle-shaped pretzels (one for each treat) in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss or Hershey's Hug.
Step 2: Bake for 4 to 6 minutes (the white chocolate will melt more quickly), until the chocolates feel soft when touched with a wooden spoon. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and quickly press an M&M's candy into the center of each Kiss.
Step 3: Allow the treats to cool for a few minutes, then place them in the refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes. Place handfuls of the candies in clear plastic bags and tie on colorful ribbons.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That sounds like a yummy treat! I went to a bake sale at a Christmas womens dinner, and they had some delicious peanut butter cookie things. I am trying to track down the recipe something fierce!!!! Hmmmm... I willtry to get with you on a recipe for mops. I will thing on that. Any requirments??

Denise said...

Wendy, any recipe is good but I am supposed to bring a brunch item. That said, don't hold out on my with the p-nut butter cookies if you get the recipe. You MUST share! :) Oh, I made the pretzel things with different types of Hershey Kisses (candy cane, mint truffle - WOW on that one) and they are especially yummy!

Kim said...

THEY SURE WERE YUMMMMMMY!!! And now thanks to all the sugar and scrapbooking...I can't sleep!!! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend!! Love you!
K