Saturday, December 1, 2007

“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever” - Winnie the Pooh

Those are wise words from Winnie the Pooh.




Some terribly sweet JonJonisms...

1) "Hold you, Mommy! Hold you!" This is said when feeling especially needy and can be repeated up to 20xs a day. There are just some days... :)



2) "Tand up, Mommy! Tand up!" Should I choose to simply embrace my big boy, that may be unacceptable and he desires me to stand up. Why do babies and toddlers prefer it when we stand up??



3) "I knoooooow, I know!" When I have to do something that I know really bothers or hurts him such as suctioning his nose, I will gently say, "I know, Baby. I know." The antibiotics that Jon David just finished for the latest ear infection really does a number on his system and he gets blazing diaper rash out of the blue. So, I was oh so gently putting the doctor-prescribed bumm ointment on him and he started crying, "I know! I know!" Sweet and terribly sad.



4) On days when he is part big boy and still part baby, he has started this new twist on #1. He now begs, "Hold Jon! Hold Jon, Mommy!"

4 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

We have our own "Jon-isms" too. It's so funny how this little person has influenced our lives so much! I love them both, make more babies!!!

Wendy said...

I love that first picture! So adorable. Did you take that??

Denise said...

I did! Can you believe it???

Andrea said...

Oh I just love your sweet boy! Those are the cutest little sayings!