Friday, December 7, 2007

Sir, I want to buy these shoes...



Here is a photo of my beloved and me this week before his work Christmas party. It was nice to get dressed up and leave the house not smelling of spit up. :)


We had a nice time though I was regretting my recent purchase of some fabulous shoes. I've been watching too much "What Not to Wear" and decided to get a little sassy with my shoes for this party. I purchased my first (and probably last) pair of Jessica Simpson shoes. I did not go in search of JS shoes and thought it funny when I picked them up and saw whose they were. Well, now I have a whole new level of respect (or maybe it's more like annoyance) for her. If she can wear these shoes, well, she's got a higher tolerance of pain than I do. After a few hours of trying not to look like an idiot hobbling along, I decided that I'd have to get my fab on in other ways in the future.


And I am thankful to Macy's for returning them. The sales lady told me that Jessica's shoes take a week to break in. I clarified, "Do you mean a whole week of wearing??" After she nodded, I told her that I'd never make it a week and that the few times I'd wear them would never equal a week of wear. She was nice and gave me a refund. So, ladies, take note: JS shoes may be oh so fab, but unless you've got 40 hours to dedicate to pain, skip 'em!


Here are the dreaded shoes:

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Despite your pain, you looked GORGEOUS. I have had shoes like that, and they actually gave me instant blisters upon leaving the house. I looked like a cripple hobbling around as the blisters rubbed with ever step I took. I had to laugh reading this as the memory came back to me!

Shana-Lynn said...

Wow, you look beautiful! Glad you got a nice evening out with your hubby.

Those shoes, ouch... they hurt me just to look at them.

Nancy said...

Your a far better woman than I. I wouldn't have even attempted to wear those. I would just carry them around

Lorri