Friday, December 14, 2007

Stink. Stank. Stunk.

Nice cheery title, huh? It was better than the alternative which was, "You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce." (Can you guess the song now?)

No, I'm not speaking of the guy who cut me off in the mall parking lot (didn't happen) but rather to this dumb croup/ear infection bug that has been a part of my son's life for way too long. It was like this last year as well. Starting in late August, we basically are in three stages of sickness: about to get an ear infection/croup, sick with ear infection/croup or getting over ear infection/croup. Stink. Stank. Stunk.

Today's video is Jon David talking about going to the doctor. The random noise you hear is Thomas the Tank Engine's whistle going off for some strange reason.

It also stinks because we have to miss my nephew's birthday party tomorrow.

Another thing in the stink category is the diaper rash we are sure to battle as a result of the antibiotic. I try to keep up on the whole dirty diaper thing but it really does not seem to matter. The red bum is almost as bad as the actual illness.

Lastly, I am more than a little bitter that despite the fact that I am also sick with a stuffy nose, I still can smell my sons' very offensive diapers. What gives!!!!???!!!



4 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Sending you all healthy dust!

Janice said...

What a sweet voice Jon David has - even with a runny nose. Hope you guys all get better soon!!!

Wendy said...

He is so sweet Denise! I hope you all are feeling better SOON!!! Prayers coming your way! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your stockings! Tooooo cute!

Book Worm said...

Love your blog. It is something I look forward to checking, since all of my other friends update their blogs 1 a year