Thursday, December 13, 2007

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

Christmas came a little early for me. I received the most beautiful stocking made for me by JD's mom. She is known for her needlepoint skills and has even made a beautiful purse for me one year for Christmas. But, this year she outdid herself with my "Mommy kissing Santa Claus" stocking. The incredible detail is hard to capture on film but it truly is just spectacular. What a treat!



And I needed a treat because we are once again a sick household with the possible exception of Josiah (who has seemed a tiny bit snorty at times). I have been able to stay strong the past few months when JD and Jon David have been sick. But, I was not able to stay free of the germs this time. So, my pretty stocking made a snorty blogging mom happy. :)




Here are pictures of Jon David's stocking from last year (incredible as you can see) and JD's stocking made about 30 years ag0 (also beautiful).

A picture of my snorty big boy who wore his PJs all day.
And my I-think-he's-still-not-sick baby who is sometimes stuck in the pack & play to keep big brother from coughing in his face (something big brother is quite good at doing):

4 comments:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Whoa, that is incredible! Kathleen is a gifted artist, I am so jealous! I'm sure these look beautiful in your new home. What a thoughtful and time-consuming present, I know you will always cherish it. She is seriously amazing!

Nancy said...

These are beautiful.

Hope everyone is feeling healthy soon.

Lorri

Shana-Lynn said...

Those stockings are AMAZING!!!Does she sell them too? What an artist!!

Denise said...

Shana-Lynn, I've asked her about her selling them but she'd never really turn a profit. The stocking took about 6 months of work and a whole lot of money on the pattern and fancy thread. It's a labor of love for sure. I can't wait to see what she'll do for Josiah! She had 3 new grandbabies this year so he'll have to wait his turn! :) - Denise