Monday, December 17, 2007

You'd better not lie...



Well, I may not lie but I will be "Deceptively Delicious"! Tonight I am working on my purees to make some yummy food for Jon David. He has since graduated from the "chicken nuggets only" diet and will now entertain other foods. Thank you, Lord!!!
If you have not yet heard, Deceptively Delicious is Jessica Seinfeld's new book with lots of kid friendly recipes with veggies and other goodies hidden in the form of purees. So, you make chocolate cake with beets, etc. I plan to try mac and cheese with cauliflower puree.

When he was a baby, I enjoyed making his baby food. It was simple and I got a kick out of feeling like Jon David was getting the best possible food. And for a while, he ate like a champ - broccoli, avocado, hard-boiled eggs, sweet potatoes, etc. I was so excited about the adventurous eater I was helping to shape. Then came his first birthday and all bets were off. So, I am encouraged to start this new eating chapter.

In 2 months, I'll start Baby Si on solids and I'll be cranking out the purees anyway. So, this is just a new way to do it.

Stay tuned to see how the deception goes!
Tuesday morning deception update: oatmeal with canned pumpkin - YUMMY!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I have that book and most of the recipes are great. I have made the chicken nuggets and mac and cheese and they were decent. The brownies however...ugh. Just indulge and let brownies be what they are supposed to be. I'm planning on making the Spaghetti Pie next--it looks delicious in the picture!

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

I think I have three big boys who need a little more deception in their lives...hmmm, let me know how it goes. It's a little harder to sneak food when you kids can read the recipe!

starfitch said...

It seems like so much work but if you're making the purees anyway...

I tried making my own baby food and my little one refused to eat it. Sad momma.

Kim said...

Jon Jon you look so big....you are changing so much! I did not think you could get any more good looking, but KIKI was wrong!

Susie PSU said...

I just saw that book TODAY at Target!! I looked at it, but wasn't sold yet. Let me know what you think...

Wendy said...

I saw that book on amazon, and it got horrible reviews. Let me know how it goes. All though, I don't do much cooking. Anyone can attest to that! :) But, keep us updated. I hope it works and he continues to eat well!!

Megan said...

John David has the MOST BEAUTIFUL eyes!! God Bless your family!