Saturday, December 29, 2007

Frosty the Snowman



Simply as a novelty, I'd love some of this snow that the Midwest is experiencing. Oh well. A cold front is headed our way which is good because it was actually almost warm today.

Do you like the chocolate batter lip liner Jon David is wearing? This was taken on Christmas Eve as we made a birthday cake for Jesus. The apron is a wonderful gift from my friend, Jenny. How a mother of 2 and about to have her 3rd has time to actually make gifts for both my children, I don't know. I'm more than impressed.

Speaking of cooking, here is an update on my Deceptively Delicious plan. Today's peanut butter and banana muffins (with pureed cauliflower and bananas) were a huge hit and one that I will often bake. The pumpkin oatmeal is also yummy. I'd give a fair rating to the macaroni and cheese (again with cauliflower). My oldest nephew happily ate it but he's growing and usually hungry so I'm not sure that counts. But, Jon David did in fact eat it a few times. I can't see anyone asking me for the recipe on taste alone but it was passable. I may skip the reduced fat cheese and add the real stuff which will probably add more flavor. I'm not a huge fan of really reduced fat cheeses.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I made the mac n cheese with the butternut squash puree and it was much better.

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

I'd say Jon needs to work on his technique and I think it's a couple shades too dark but all in all, he still is workin' it!

C U soon,

Aunt Deeeeees