Sunday, May 6, 2007

Bend it like Jon David!


Jon David's grandpa (my stepdad) is from England and bought Jon David a proper English "football" uniform. So, we had this picture taken and gave it to Grandpa for his birthday. Grandpa was thrilled! Oh, how he wants to have another "football" player in the family!

Since Grandpa wants a little Beckham in our family, this is a good segway to Wendy's second interview question: what are my dreams for my children in the future?

That's a very easy question to answer. From 3 John 1:4, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." Yes, I do wish for health and happiness for my boys but ultimately, I pray that they bring glory to God and are used by the Lord in doing His good work.

Other dreams of sort - I greatly desire that my boys are close and have a strong bond together. I really want that special relationship for them. I hope that they know that they can always come to Mommy and Daddy (and later, Mom and Dad) and we will be there for them. We pray all the time for wisdom regarding their upbringing and I know the good Lord always answers prayers. So, we take comfort in that especially when we're so clueless sometimes!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW! Denise- you do not seem clueless to me at all! Jon David looks like such a happy boy, and the love of God really shines through you, even in writing!! As a mommy, I desire the same thing for all of my kids! Great answer. I will pray for that for you guys as well!!

AnniePat said...

Where are JonDavid's legs???

Andrea said...

He looks so cute in that outfit! I can't get over how grown-up he looks. I love it!

Denise said...

Andrea, I know! I think it looks like a high school yearbook picture for the Varsity Soccer team or something! Scary!!!