Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Barnabus

In the Bible (Acts 4:36-37 and many other places), Barnabus is known for his gift of encouragement. His was a sweet spirit who gave comfort to those in need and provided additional strength when a friend was tired and hurting. We all need Barnabuses in our life. And, if the name were a bit more appealing, I'd consider it for our baby boy. Yes, I'm a big fan of Barnabus.

One of the Barnabuses in my life is my friend, Denise. We like to refer to ourselves when together and in a group as "the other Denise." It gets even more confusing for people because we are both pregnant. I'm due 9/2 and she 9/5 and we'll deliver our babies at the same hospital. We joke about syncing up our labors so we can hang in the hospital together. ;) And, we attend the same church. And, we also worked together in the church preschool. So, it does get confusing for people who are meeting us for the first time.

If you want to know a real encourager, you need to get to know Denise. She is so sweet, generous and considerate - she truly humbles me. She and I were buddies and in a singles group at a really big church in town and both got married in 2002.

And how cool is this - she and her husband spent over a year as missionaries with Campus Crusade for Christ in New Zealand. They returned to the States in October. Who knew that though I moved to Houston with my cowboy and she to New Zealand, that one day the good Lord would put us near each other again and now to share the joy of mommyhood! And even sweeter, our husbands who recently met are fast friends. We joke that her baby girl will marry our new son. I do hope they are working hard on a dowry!

Denise is new to blogging. She's asked me for tips and tricks though, really, YOU guys are the pros. So, drop by her blog and get to know this amazing woman of God!

5 comments:

Janice said...

Look at you two Hot Mammas!!!! You girls both look so radiant!

Susie PSU said...

Of COURSE we'll encourage her to blog!

Jamie said...

What a blessing to have that kind of friend! That is a rare thing--treasure it! I'm truly longing for that in my life now.

Wendy said...

WOW! You guys look so great. She sounds like such a WONDERFUL friend!!! You are blessed for sure!!

Andrea said...

You are so lucky to have a friend like that! I will be sure to check out her blog!