Monday, May 28, 2007

News that is fit to print

Our new thing: putting our feet on the table. Yes, I am trying to curb it (but it really is kinda cute!)

Thanks for all the sweet comments. Oh, how I love comments!! :)

Still bumming with this dang cold. It's gotta leave soon, right??? And tomorrow is the dreaded glucose test for gestational diabetes at my OB appointment. I'm nervous about it. I did fine with Jon David but since I'm so, well, grande this time. I'm not so sure how it will all go.

But, I did go scrapbooking Saturday night and I probably should not have. But, I am weak and I wanted to have fun with my friends!!

Jon David had a strange limping thing going on last night. Out of the blue and with no signs of injury, he favored his left leg. Then, he started to crawl and not want to walk on it. Later, he would hobble on it but when he tried to run, he started to cry. So, we called the doctor who recommended Motrin and to keep an eye on him. This was right before bedtime for him so there was not much to do. Because he's had a cold, we had to watch for a high fever because there could be an infection that was impacting his hip. This is translated from the doctor to my husband to me so something is clearly lost in the translation but you get the drift. He's been much better today and I'm not even sure that he's limped. A couple times I thought he had a quick, slight favoring but then it seemed to go away. Made for one stressful evening for Mommy and Daddy.

Well, my head is pounding due to all this sinus pressure. I must go but wanted to say thanks and give a quick shout out to my peeps (that's you!).

Pix below: check out this wacky hairline! Can you say serious cowlick?? Before you feel too badly for him and a lifetime of bad hair, check out the next photo. The second picture shows these really pretty curls that seem to come out of nowhere on his little head. I think I may let his hair grow a bit to see what these pretty curls will do.


6 comments:

Janice said...

Oh, no, I hope Jon David is ok! That would worry me as well!

I'm glad you had a good time scrapbooking! You deserve it especially since you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon and good luck at the OB/Gyn's tomorrow. Keep us posted! :-)

Stacy said...

I am sure your test will go fine! I hated that test! Let us know how it goes! You should go and get a sinus rinse. I used it when I had a cold and it was great! You can use it when your prego, cause it is all natural. It is called Neil Med- you can get it at Walgreen's or Target etc. It helps clear the sinus's. Hope you feel better soon!

Jennifer said...

That does sound scary. I hope you both are feeling better today!

Good luck with your GD test. I am sure it will go fine!

Wendy said...

I hope little Jon David is okay. Love the little curls. I hope you are feeling better soon as well. Try the stuff Stacy recommended. Lots of people swear by it. I myself and really freaky about my nose, and hate squirting stuff up it, but supposedly it works wonders. I swear by mucinex, that is my wonder drug. Of course you have to check with the ob first. By not for the sinus squirt!! Feel better friend!!!

Denise said...

Stacy and Wendy,
Thanks for the advice! I just started Mucinex (it's on the "okay" list from the OB) and I have that weird NeilMed thing which really does work. I need to start back on it but think I'll have to wait since only one nostril works at the moment and goodness knows what will happen if I try to get anything in there! You sisters are the best!!! Thanks for the support and comments! :)

Jenn said...

Hi Denise,
This is Cindy's Jenn. I LOVE the picture of Jon David with his foot on the table! Sam does the same thing - it's really hard not to laugh when they are being cute and naughty at the same time.
I love your blog. Jon David is just adorable.