Monday, May 21, 2007

Updates and Such


I've not taken any pictures of my son in about 72 hours (I know, bad bloggin' mom). So, this post will feature photos from last year at this time. Since most of you missed out on those days, you may enjoy seeing them.

Here's the latest and greatest...

1) I will be working in the church nursery starting next week but this was my last week with the preschoolers (along with the "other" Denise). Funny thing how God works. The lesson was on how God takes care of ALL of our needs. The memory verse is Phil 4:19, And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Guess who really needed to hear this - ME! It has been a long week and I've allowed stress to steal my joy. Whose heart does not melt when sweet little 4-year-olds are repeating these precious words of truth?

2) I saw stars yesterday - and not like that Brady Bunch episode where Davy Jones kissed Marcia. Okay - I've SOOOO aged myself with that reference but oh well. I called the doctor today and the nurse said it sounded like low blood sugar and that I need to eat regular snacks, especially those with protein.

3) I had a consultation today with a professional organizer and am encouraged that help is on the way. She actually said that I did a lot of organizing well. But, with a small apartment, things have not really ever had a proper place and it is downright unmanageable right now.

That's it. Sorry - not an exciting post. They can't all be winners! Here's to a more creative blogging week for me! :)


This picture looks like some pin-up or calendar where Jon David is Mr. July or something. What a look!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I love looking at the pictures of Jon David from last year. He is such a cutie (then and now)!

Andrea said...

How fun to see "vintage" Jon David pictures!

I am intrigued by this professional organizer thing. Tell me more about it! Sounds like something I could use.

You had asked the other day about things to do in the tub- well, to be honest, so far the only thing we have done in there besides bathing is fingerpainting! It just seemed like an easy place to clean up!

erin said...

He's so darn cute, I can't even stand it!

Good luck with the organizing. I'm in the process of deciding what will go into storage and what will stay with us, what gets sold, and swapping skinny-girl clothes for maternity clothes. I'm SO praying we don't have to show our house to any prospective buyers today! I feel your pain!

When do you move?

Denise Travis said...

I'm so enjoying the updates even tho I see you a bunch! Glad you know the cause of the stars and that it's an easy fix. Good thing the glucose test is next week! I'll be praying for yours for sure!

Wendy said...

WOW!! Those eyes are just as stunning then as they are now!! Still wishin I had those eyes. What a cutie! He sure is growing!