Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A rose by any other name


We took our own little field trip today with a local parenting group. We visited a rose garden which was just beautiful. Jon David had a blast and I'm so thankful that we went. He walked and walked and walked some more; we both got our exercise today. He checked out all the pretty flowers and was just the sweetest boy. He listened to me, held my hand when I told him that he needed to (maneuvering going down the big steps), etc. It was such a great time and I just love being with my boy so much! (Wardrobe note: he's wearing an authentic Hawaiian shirt from our trip in January. All he needed was a video camera and he would be screaming "Tourist!")



Here's proof of our fun...


My friend, the other pregnant Denise (due 3 days after our boy) calls Jon David a little "Magnum P.I." in this outfit. Too funny!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

He does look like a little tourist- I love it! The shades are too cute- where did you get them?

Jennifer said...

How cute! Looks like you had fun. I LOVE that outfit!

Denise said...

Andrea,
I ordered the glasses from One Step Ahead (I'll put a link to their site under my Favorite Places because they are FABULOUS) and they are great! I needed them mostly last year because Jon David was SO sensitive to the sun (maybe it was a preemie thing?). I found them today and did my usual, "Ut oh. If you don't keep the glasses and hat on, we can't go outside and play." I'm AMAZED that he "gets" what I'm saying actually listens. :) How long will this last???? He's just toying with the word "no," so I'm sure the day will come when we have sunglass wars! :)

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Why oh why must you torment me so??? You show me my little sugar boy and I'm left here with nothing, nada. Just pictures of the juiciest fella ever who needs his Aunt Cindy VERY badly!!! I love the shirt. I have to go somewhere public with him while he's sporting that shirt! Hope I can see you tomorrow or Thursday, I can't wait much longer!

Tell Mortimer I said "hi" and that I love him too!

Janice said...

What a cute little tourist! It's a good thing he doesn't look like a senior citizen from Boca Raton with the hat and shades like Ava did when she wears hers. ;-)

Oooh, and is that the Vera Bradley on the back of Jon David's stroller? too cute!!!

Glad you had a great time! Wonderful pictures!!!!!

Wendy said...

Loving the hawaiin shirt. Very manly on your little guy. The little beach cars... I am sure it brings back good memories. I saw those little glasses in the store today!! Almost bought a pair for ELaina but can't imagine her keeping them on the head!! She is a she devil as of late. I bring her swimming, and she doesn't want me to touch her. CRAZY girl!